Chapter - 15

Pihu's POV:

I sat in the car already filling guilty that I have to lie to Aditya and damn now he is angry with me. I put on my seatbelt and said "Let us go."

The drive was quiet as Shlok never talked and I was also not in a mood to talk. I was not in the mood to make any effort to talk. I was going through my mind on what to buy for me. I opened my phone to search for any gift ideas but nothing I was just scrolling through it.

"What should we buy?" I broke the silence otherwise this silence will definitely eat me up.

"No idea," he gave a plain reply. I just rolled my eyes and thought why the hell did I even make an effort?

"Where we are going?" I asked and looked towards him.

He was looking at the road and replied "To the nearest mall. It will have all the shops of all the luxury brands. We don't need to roam around a lot. It will save time and effort," he explained.

I did not reply to him neither he asked a reply. So I sat quietly now and scrolled through my phone.

He parked the car on the side and said "Pihu I need to go it's urgent. You take this card and shop for whatever you want. Call me when you are ready to leave."

I was shocked to hear his sentence. Here I thought we would be having a good time together for the first and he is already ditching me.

"But where are you going?" I asked and the tears were already on the verge of falling.

"Pihu please understand it's urgent," he pleaded to me. I can see through his face that it is urgent and he needs to be there.

But I was in no mood to budge and my anger was on top. "Why the hell it's always me who understands?" I asked him loudly.

"Pihu don't create a scene here," he said quietly. As if I care my life has become a scene and he thinks I care what people think.

"It was for your brother I was making an effort. I wanted to spend time with you for the first time. I want to behave like a normal couple and spend time with my husband," I told him with truth.

"Pihu you know we are not a normal couple and I already told you on the first day not to expect anything from this marriage. We made things pretty clear at the start. You were okay with everything so why now make a fudge," he said getting irritated.

"I thought you would change," I lied to him. It was not a complete lie but not the only reason behind my stay. I always have this hope in my heart that maybe someday he will change. He will appreciate my efforts and not love but at least care about me.

"This is not a movie or your so-called romantic story which you read. This is the real world Pihu so come out of your lala land," he spat the truth on my face. The truth that I knew but was pushing away. I was trying to live in a delusional world that he would change. It gave me a sense of happiness and passing a day became easy.

"Fine I am going," with that I took out my seatbelt. He forwarded the card towards me and said "Take this and call me."

Without taking the card I just came out of the car and a loud noise closed the door of the car. Entering the mall I went straight to the washroom. I was on the verge of crying and I don't want people to see me.

I asked for directions and then entered the washroom. I went straight inside one of them which was empty.

I closed the toilet seat and sat on top of it. I let my tears flow and let out all the pain. I could not make a noise as there may be people outside.

So I cried for like 10 minutes keeping a hand in my mouth. My body was feeling like giving up but I wanted to push this urge aside and keep going. I will also be happy one day and deserve all the happiness. With that thought in my mind, I wiped all the tears from my face. Calmed my breathing by taking deep breaths. I combed my hair with my hands and again checked for extra tears with my hands.

I came out and to my luck, there was no one. I looked in the mirror my eyes were red and swollen. My whole face turned red so I opened the tap. I splashed water all over my face again and again.

I cleaned my face and now it was looking presentable. My eyes were still swollen but I put a smile on my face. Looking straight in the mirror I reminded myself "You got this."

"Fuck him I won't ruin my day for him. I will appreciate Aditya's effort and make him feel special. I will appreciate the good people around me," I self-taught with myself.

Gathering all the courage I walked out of the washroom. I started to go around from one shop to another. I was not getting anything that he would like or something special not in terms of cost.

I was going around the shops when I finally found something which he would like. Now with all this shopping I really got tired.

With that, I booked my Uber and went straight home. I did not think of calling Shlok because I was angry with him and I wanted to avoid him. My mood was already ruined and I did not want to spoil more.

Aditya's POV:

I was getting irritated and frustrated that she decided to go with him. He does not care about her and I don't want to see her hurt. I know she was going with him to spend some time with him. Her hopes will hurt her one day for sure.

I tried to help her and make her face the reality but this woman just wanted to live in denial.

What do you want her to do? Spend time with you instead of her husband? my mind questioned.

I know it was absurd for me to think she would choose me. Obviously, it's her husband we are talking about here and I can't be with her.

Aditya you are losing your shit again concentrate I tried to remember my own words.

I need to let her go and live my life. I can't get too attached to her. So to vent all my anger I went to the gym.

I spent one hour in the gym and now I was feeling better. Then I went inside my washroom to take a shower and relax.

I came out wrapping a towel around my waist and water was dripping from my hair. I looked at myself in the mirror and I was satisfied that my hard work was paying off.

"Shit I am sorry," a voice brought me out of the stance of admiring my body.

Author's Note

Hello lovely readers🙋‍♀️

Was Aditya having a right to get angry?🤔