Chapter - 20

Pihu's POV:

I am sitting on the bed turning and twisting around. I could not sleep because I was on my period. It was the second day and at night I had a heavy flow. I don't know how attentively I sleep but still, the bedsheet gets dirty. Back in my home since I was sleeping alone in my room it was easier to wake up and clean the bedsheet.

Since I got married, I have been careful on my period days. For two days of my periods, I don't sleep on the bed or the couch. I am usually on the bed or couch in a sitting position. It was hard at first not to sleep, but later I got in the habit of it. Shlok does not know when I get my periods nor he knows I sacrifice my sleep.

My periods usually last for five days and only the first two days it is heavy period nights so I had to be careful on just those days. So here I am twisting and turning around till Shlok gets to sleep. After he goes to deep slumber I usually go out in the hall and read some book or scroll my phone. It is difficult to keep myself awake. I am usually dozing off in a sitting position but I make sure to get back to the room before everyone wakes.

When I feel the light snores of Shlok I get up from the bed. I went inside the washroom and checked if everything was perfect or not. After getting satisfied I came out of the washroom. I took my book in my hand and came outside. Today the pain is not that much but sometimes it becomes unbearable.

I first went to the kitchen and made a coffee for myself. It will help me in getting awake. Plus having a hot cup of coffee and a book what else can a reader want? Whenever I come outside I make sure to make minimal noise so I don't wake anyone else in the house.

With my coffee and a book, I came inside the hall. I wrapped a light shawl around my body and sat on the sofa. I was sitting on the extreme end so I could keep the coffee on the table. I made myself comfortable on the couch and opened my book. It was a romance book as usual and I started to go into my imaginary world.

I don't know when I dozed off in a sitting position but when my neck jerked I came back to my senses. I rubbed my neck due to the jerk I got and checked the time. It was 1 at night and I just had a few more hours to pass.

I was startled when I saw a shadow in front of me. "Fuck you scared me," I kept my hand near my heart to control it. It was beating so fast because of him. In front of me was Aditya sitting on the opposite couch watching me. He did not speak anything so I asked "When did you come?" I don't want to get caught by him. Why him Why God Why? I asked mentally.

"I should ask you the same question," saying that he got up from his couch and started coming towards me.

"First I asked," I replied to him and started to adjust my shawl. "A few minutes back," he replied and gave me a look that said he wanted my answer.

"Same," I lied to him obviously. He gave me a look that said he did not buy an answer. "It does not look like you were dozing off and there is a cup of coffee so that means it was a long time back," he explained to me.

Shit why he had to be such a good observer. I closed my eyes when I found he caught me and with a proof. I thought to make up something or any other lie. "Yeah," saying I gave a nervous laugh.

"Why are dozing off here and not sleeping?" he shot me another question.

"Actually I wanted to read this book so I came outside," I showed him the book in my hand.

"Pihu you were not reading you were sleeping. If you wanted to read after reading when you felt sleepy you could have gone to your room," he again caught my lie. Oh, Go he is a detective or something I thought.

"Yeah I did not know when I slept," I replied not looking at him this time.

"Pihu what is the real reason?" he asked again and I knew he did not buy it.