Chapter - 2

Pihu's POV:

After getting ready I came downstairs. "Mom calm down everything is taken care of," I told her and made her sit on the couch.

"Pihu you only make her understand. This much excitement will surely impact her health," Dad said and said on the other end of the couch.

"Dad nothing will happen and Mom just relax," I gave her a glass of water. Shlok has never been my husband to me but his parents have always been supportive to me. They treated me like a daughter and I also respect them. Nobody knows what has happened between us and I will like to keep it that way.

The doorbell rang and Mom was about to get up. "I will see," I told her and went to open the door.

As soon as I open the door I felt someone hit me with a bucket of water. I just stood there frozen, unable to speak in front of the person.

"Pihu who is there?" Mom shouted from inside. I cleared my throat and the person entered the house. He came inside as if he owned the house and knows where everything is.

"Pihu come here," Dad called me. I brushed my hair with my hand and closed the door. Then taking a few deep breaths I stand near Dad's side.

"Pihu this is Aditya my younger son and Aditya this is Pihu Shlok's wife," Mom introduced us. Aditya was dressed in a white T-shirt and blue jeans. He has complimented with white shoes. He had sharp features and his tanned skin was complimenting him. His body was not too muscular not too lean but perfect in shape. Though his body was so fit but still face looked so innocent. There were many tattoos on his body. Some were visible and some were peeking through his T-shirt. There were no similarities between him and Shlok. No one could say they were brothers.

"Hello Bhabhi (sister-in-law)," saying that he extended his hand

"Hello Bhabhi (sister-in-law)," saying that he extended his hand. Mom hit his shoulder and said, "Touch her feet and take blessings from her."

"Come on Mom. This is Aditya's way of greeting her sister-in-law," saying that he indicated his hand that was extended for a handshake.

As my hand touched his hand I could feel electricity running through my body. I cleared my throat and said, "Hi Aditya." We both smiled looking at each other. I don't know whether he felt the same electricity or not but my body was set on fire. Oh God Pihu what are you thinking I scolded myself.

"Aditya go and freshen up then we will have dinner together," Dad told him. With that, he left for his room while I left to check things in the kitchen.

Entering the kitchen I asked, "Anita is everything ready?" Anita is our house helper for a long time. She was here when I came into this house. She was a nice lady but have no one in her family. Her husband died in the early years of marriage and they did not have any children. She never thought to remarry again because of her love for her husband. She says she can't give that space to anyone. I feel bad for her but at the same time, she had a loving husband with her though the time was short. Here I have a husband but no loving memories with him.

"Didi, shall I start serving?" she asked me and brought me back to reality.

"Pihu how many times I have told you to call me by my name" I reminded her. This has become her habit to call me didi. First, she used to call me Mam and then after many requests she settled for didi. We both are of the same age but still, she used to call me didi.

"You know that will never happen," saying that she collected the plates and arrange them on the table.

"I will do that you bring the food," I told her and she did as told.

I was arranging the plates when Aditya came down wearing a white full-sleeve T-shirt and black track pants.

As he was descending the stairs behind him Shlok was also following him. They were so different in looks wise. No one could assume that they were brothers. Shlok was having a muscular body but his face was devoid of emotions. He looked so ruthless but on the other hand, Aditya was having a cute and innocent face. His eyes showed more emotions than Shlok's. I felt I could read him more than Shlok. I tried to divert my attention to Shlok my eyes were betraying me.

Of course that would happen because you liked when you saw his photo my brain told me.

Everyone got seated on their seats. I was sitting with Shlok while Aditya was sitting opposite me.

I served food on my plate and started eating. In this family, everyone used to serve food for themselves. I started eating the food and everyone was getting engaged in the conversation.

"So what you do Pihu?" Aditya asked. I looked towards him and said "I write blogs for the company. I mostly work from home but sometimes need to go to the office."

"It is nice. What kind of blogs? Can you show me?" he asked again. I don't get why he is being so curious about my work.

Letting it pass I told, "Yeah sure I will send you the links."

"By the way Aditya stop calling her by her name she is your bhabhi," Mom tried to give her a reason.

"Come on Mom she is younger than me. I don't think brother has any problem with it," he looked towards Shlok for some reply.

Mr. Shlok being the busiest person in the world did not give any reply. "Do you have any issue brother?" Aditya asked once again.

"No," saying he excused himself and left the table. A smile can be seen on Aditya's face as if he has won the lottery. I just rolled my eyes at his behavior but at the same time felt bad. Shlok should have may be at least denied him from calling by name.

As if he cares Pihu my brain said in a duh tone.

After this conversation, I was also in no mood to eat so I left the table. I came inside the room and went inside the washroom. I freshen up and wore my nightdress.

Shlok was busy with his phone so without any argument I laid on the bed.

Author's note
Hello lovely readers🙋‍♀️

What are your opinions on the chapter? 🤔