Chapter - 9

Pihu's POV:

"You can relax," he said while looking at his files. His words made me realize that I was hyperventing. I released a few breaths and tried to control my heartbeats.

"Here drink this," he forwarded a glass of water towards me. I took it from his hand and drank a glass of water in one go. "Thanks" I whispered.

There was a knock on the door to which he responded with a come in. "Good morning sir," a girl with a perfect body and face stood behind me. She looked like she was going for a modeling. Her skin was flawless, her height was perfect and she looked the epitome of beauty.

"Ahana meet Pihu our new writer for the company. For today show her around and make her familiar with the office environment," he instructed her. "Pihu this is my secretary you can take her help whenever you have any issues. From tomorrow onwards I will tell you more about your work," he completed his sentence. We both just smiled looking at each other.

"Now you both can leave," he ordered us. We both left his office and came out. "This is my room if you need anything you can come here," she said very professionally. "This is your room," she opened the door of the room and entered. "I will fix the nameplate and if you need any change you can either ask me or do it on your own. For now, you can sit here and have a look at your room, and if you want you can roam in the building too." Without waiting for my reply she just left the room. Weird I thought but shrugged it away.

This room was in a shade of brown and white. There was wooden flooring done in brown color with a table of the same color. The back side of the wall had drawers to keep the files and things. The right side of the room had blinders on it while the left side wall was kept empty. The table was kept clean with just a monitor on it and some files.

 The table was kept clean with just a monitor on it and some files

I sat on the chair and started to rotate it like a small child. After a few rounds, I laughed at my childish behavior.

Pihu if someone saw you what they might think about you?

I stopped rotating the chair and came near my desk. I saw a note was kept there with a pen near it. I picked the note and it read All the best for your new journey. A small token of gift for you. - A

At first, I was confused about who this A might be and tried to remember it. Then it clicked it me it was none other than my boss Aditya.

I smiled at his gesture. Though it was nothing big but what matters is the intention. For me, it's a big deal that he thought about it when my own husband did not take a slight interest.

I thought to go and thank him for it but then an idea popped into my head. I went to Ahana's room and knocked it. After hearing a come in I entered the room.

"Ahana where is the coffee machine?" I asked her.

"To the right end of the corridor," she replied without even lifting her head.

"Thank you," saying that I left her room and went to search for the coffee machine.

I saw a coffee machine and started preparing coffee for Aditya. I was not aware of his taste or anything but I tried my best.

After getting satisfied I smiled at my skills. The coffee was perfect and so my design above it. I wrote a small Thank you message on the coffee.

 I wrote a small Thank you message on the coffee

I took the coffee and went towards his cabin. I knocked on the door. After hearing a come in I entered the cabin. His secretary was also there with him.

"Sorry to interrupt but I will be very quick," I told them. I kept the coffee on the table and said "Here for you."

"Sir drinks only black coffee," Ahana said with a smile on her face. It looked like she had won some trophy.

I felt so bad that how could I be so stupid to do something which he didn't like. "You can take it with you," she said. Listening to her I was about to pick when the voice boom "Wait."

"You can leave this here and Ahana I can make my own decisions," he said in an authoritative tone.

A smile spread across my face and looked towards Ahana. She was standing there fuming with a fake smile plastered on her face.

"Sorry sir," she replied to which he only nodded. Satisfied with it I left the room and rolled my eyes at Ahana.

Author's Note

Hello lovely readers🙋‍♀️

Do you like the Pihu's way of saying thank you?🤔