Chapter - 29

Pihu's POV:

It has been a few days since I have been back and things are normal. I have been working on a big project and it will be launched soon. The work has been hectic but as usual, I am enjoying writing. I have started to write about the project and this time it will be something like a series we will launch. The work is much and it should be presented in a refined form. I have been side by side working on the marketing of the project. This was about work and in my personal life things are pretty boring. Everything is the same except my Aditya's bond has grown daily. We have started to know each other on a personal level also. He has always been the person with whom I am comfortable talking about anything.

Today is Sunday and I will be staying at home. We have finished our breakfast and now everyone is resting in their room. I was bored in my room so I went to the garden.

Shlok was there talking to someone I thought of leaving but my mother-in-law also came. "Husband and wife are spending time. Am I disturbing you?" I looked at her confused.

"No Mom it's nothing like that," I tried to explain to her but she stopped me. "No need to be all shy I am happy that you guys are happy," she continued with her Lala world.

"Mom, what are you doing here?" Shlok came in front of us. "Don't get defensive I am going," she continued with her talk.

"What are you talking about?" he asked looking all confused. His mother started to laugh and said "Why are you both so shy?"

We could speak anything when Aditya entered the garden and asked "Family meeting without me?"

"No family meeting can be without you don't worry," Mom answered to him. We both made eye contact and smiled looking at each other. His presence itself lightened my mood.

"So why all of you have gathered together?" he asked again looking at his Mom.

"Love birds were spending time together but I disturbed them," she again repeated the same thing. Now I don't why but I did not like it when she said that in front of him. He looked at me as if trying to ask the truth.

"Mom stop with your assumptions," Shlok tried to make her understand. Let me tell you try but she was in her world.

"See now they are all shy and trying to hide it from me," she again continued. I closed my eyes and hoped that the earth would swallow me. I can't handle these assumptions when nothing is going on. When I opened my eyes and looked Aditya was looking at me. He adverted his eyes as soon as our eyes met.

"You know they should not be shy. If they are shy like this then how I become a grandparent," that's it she said it all out. I was assuming she wanted to say this that's why she was teasing us.

She laughed and we all faked laugh at her sentence. Come on I can't continue this useless conversation anymore.

I was about to leave when Aditya said "Yes till how much time I will be the youngest. I wanted someone to play with."

Saying that he looked towards me and his expressions were saying something different. I could not decipher what he wanted to say. Was he mocking or he was upset? But why he would be upset?

"Stop both of you," at last Shlok took a stand at least for himself and us both from with embarrassment.

They laughed and Aditya said, "See now they are all shy." What the hell? Why is he behaving as if he does not know anything? He knows the truth about our relationship so why is he saying such things?

"Oh brother if you both are not shy in doing things so why will we be shy in saying things," he said whole line looking at me. His hand was on Shlok's shoulder but he was saying it to me. His eyes said it all he thought we were spending some time together. He thought I lied to him but wait I never told him anything was wrong between us. He just assumed so why is he saying all this? When he was saying all this I felt my heart breaking into pieces. I don't know why his words are affecting me this much.

"Now Aditya stop all the teasing," finally his Mom concluded and we adverted eyes from each other.

"Mom not fair you were teasing them and now when it was my turn you started to become a saint," he accused his Mom.

Mom raised her hand in the air and said "Guilty." She continued "Fine now we both will stop."

She wanted to continue but Dad called her name. She said, "I am going now Dad is calling."

She pointed her finger towards Aditya and said "You don't tease them now."

Then she pointed her fingers at Shlok and said "You plan something fast we need grandchildren soon."

She laughed at his expressions and then kept her hand on my hand. "Enjoy" saying she winked at me. I was shocked to see her on this side.

Seeing my shocked expressions she laughed and left from there. We three were standing there looking at her retreating figure.

We three stood in the same position where no one said anything. After a few minutes of silence cleared Aditya cleared his throat. He was about to say something but Aditya's phone rang. He looked at the phone and said "Excuse me I have to take this." Without waiting for our reply he went aside to attend the call.

Now only Shlok and I were left alone and I could see Aditya talking something on the phone. "Sorry for their behavior," he said after a few seconds. I looked surprised that he was talking to me. On top of that, he was sorry for their behavior. I was surprised and did not know how to react.

"Mom can sometimes go overboard," he continued to defend their behavior. I just looked at him and said "It's fine." It was fine she thought we were like normal husband and wife. She did not expect much from us. She was just saying what usually parents tell their married kids.

Then again there was silence as the topic ended. Now we both don't have anything to talk about. It was so weird that being husband and wife still didn't have anything to talk to.

After a few minutes, he said, "I will be in my room." Ouch, my room hurts. He could have said our room but why would he say? There is no we in our relationship.

Saying that he left I was also about to go but I saw Aditya finished his call. We both were staring at each other but were far from each other. I took a step forward and while looking into his eyes I reached his place. After reaching sufficient distance I asked, "Call finished?"

Wao what a stupid question. And the most dumb question award goes to me. Though the question was dumb he still replied by saying a "Yes"

He was about to leave when I said "Mom assumed things it was nothing like that." I don't know why I wanted to clear things up. I wanted him to know the truth.

He did not turn back. His back was facing me but I continued "Shlok was here already and I came unknowingly. When Mom came she thought we came here together. We tried to explain to her but she just kept on assuming."

Saying I released a breath that I was holding. Aditya still did not turn but waited for me to continue. After he thought I had nothing more to say he just left from there.

What the hell? I thought. Both brothers are mad and weird. One day I will also become mad if I keep staying here with them.

Author's Note

Hello lovely readers🙋‍♀️

How's the chapter?🤔

See your author has become so good and updating frequently😅

Now it's your turn to payback with your comments😆