Chapter - 7

Pihu's POV:

It has been days since Aditya entered into our home and my life. The things he does surely creates butterfly in my stomach. I know I should not feel all this but at the same time, I like all the attention which he gives me. I surely enjoy it a lot. Shlok on the other hand does not care about me. He seems busy with his life lately. He goes early to the office and comes back home late. He is ignoring me all the time. We hardly have any conversation. I don't know if he is stressed about something or not. I try to brush it off but in the corner of my heart, I want to hear him out. I want him to share his issues with me. If he can't treat me like a wife maybe a friend would be enough.

It is early morning and Shlok is busy typing something in the laptop. I am lying on the bed waiting for him to go to the office. I don't want to face him early in the morning and spoil my mood.

"No no this can't happen," he shouted and closed the laptop with a thud. I got up from the bed and looked at him.

He leaned back on the couch and rested his head on the back of the couch. His one hand is on the hand of the couch while the other is at his eyes. His eyes are closed and he is pressing them with his one hand. He is frustrated and I want to make him feel better.

Despite everything he says and does still I can't see him like this. I got up from the bed and went near him.

I stopped at some distance and thought about it. Should I do it or not? I was thinking of giving up and going to bed again. But I don't know what I thought at that moment I went closer to him.

I took a deep breath and kept my hand on his shoulder. He stiffened from my touch and opened his eyes.

He looked towards me waiting for an answer. "Actually you looked worried," I finally spoke.

He was still looking towards me as if wanting me to finish the conversation. "You can share with me if you want. Maybe I could help," I completed my sentence.

He took a few seconds and then laughed. I thought he had gone crazy because of all the stress. I thought maybe I should call a doctor. I was deciding on what should I do or say next.

"How can you help me?" he asked. I actually thought he was serious but his next words shocked me.

"Maybe you could just leave would be a better option," he said stressing each and every word.

"But I did not do anything," I retorted back. I hid the pain that I was feeling from his words.

"You did not do anything?" he asked and chuckled at that statement.

"Since the day you entered my life, everything is not good. Don't you get it? " he asked in a high tone.

I flinched and moved back. I thought of leaving the room at that time but his words angered me more.

"So maybe you should have thought before marrying me" I replied with the same tone.

"As if I had a choice," he said with a tone of regret. It looked like marrying me was his biggest mistake. And if given a choice he would not think before leaving me.

"Then maybe you should have gained courage and asked me to cancel the wedding. If I had known you were forced I would have never said yes to this," I told him with the truth. It was the truth that I always use to say myself. Maybe if he had said something I would surely have said no.

"It will be better if you leave and don't interfere in my matter," with that simple sentence he left the room.

I just stood frozen at that point. This was his reply to the scenario which I thought in my head every day. Maybe if he had courage then we would not be stuck in this situation.

When he left the room the door was open and I saw Aditya standing at the door. By the looks of his face, I knew he heard the conversation. I was in no mood so I just ignored him. I sat on the couch and hoped Aditya would have left.

But to my luck, he entered the room. I could feel his eyes on me. Without saying anything he just sat near me on the couch. We were neither sitting close nor far from each other.

"You are a good person and you deserved better," he told me.

I chuckled at his statement and said "He is not bad but just worried about things happening in his life." I don't know why but I justified his actions. Deep down I knew he did wrong but here I was justifying his actions.

"Pihu the situation could be anything but his anger towards you is never justified," he explained to me.

"Aditya he is not like that usually," I lied to him. I don't know why but I was defending him. I am the type of person who thinks that a fight between husband and wife should be between them. A third person should never be made a part of it.

"Pihu you are lying. It is clearly seen in your face. You can lie to me but don't lie to yourself. You believing in happily ever after here is just a myth," he told me the truth which deep down I knew.

"Sometimes a false hope can be your hope to survive," I said and a lone tear shed my eyes. I quickly wiped it off.

"I can't see you like this. You are making your life a hell because you are not accepting the truth. Come back to reality Pihu he will not change," he said last line with a high tone.

I don't know why but I want him to change. I want to try this marriage and give it a try.

"Aditya please not now," I told him. I can't hear all these statements from him right now. I am not in that space of mind. I know he is spitting the truth but the truth hurts.

He kept one of his hands over mine and said "Just know that I am here whenever you need me."

When I did not reply to him he left the room. I was left all alone in this room with all my thoughts.

Author's Note

Hello lovely readers🙋‍♀️

Do you guys need another update this week?🤔 If yes don't forget to comment.