Chapter - 13

Aditya's POV:

Today was my first day in my office. The company was handed over to me by my Dad. Shlok has started his own company now and I have the same vision but for now, Dad wants me to handle this company.

I was late for work and I know now Mom will scold me. I chose the outfit quickly and went downstairs for breakfast without looking in the mirror. I heard bells ringing and knew Mom would be inside the prayer room. I then took off my shoes and went inside. I saw Pihu was doing Aarti, so in haste, I held the prayer plate from another end. After finishing the Aarti she turned around and looked at me.

"I think we should go and have breakfast," I told everyone and Pihu was brought back to her senses. She was fuming with anger and asked me to leave. I challenged her by saying "Or what?" I know I was making her more angry but still, I was enjoying it. She thought I was holding her saree end but it was stuck at the door frame. When she looked at it her cheeks went red due to embarrassment. I took the end of the saree and went near her. "Blue suits you" I complimented her. I looked into her eyes and then said "If I ever hold it I will never leave it." Realizing what I said I left from there. I don't know whenever I look at her eyes I feel that I am under some spell.

*************Time Skip*********

It has been days and I have been keeping my distance from Pihu. It was not intentional but the company work is hectic. I am trying to get used to the work and the process they follow here. I was sitting in my room reading some files when I thought of going into the garden. As I came out of my room I could hear yelling sound from Pihu's room.

Concerned about Pihu I went to check if everything was ok or not. I heard how Shlok treated her and said things to her. I was so angry with him but I can't go between their fights. After their fight, Shlok left the room and I stood at the door. I know Pihu saw me but she was ignoring me. I entered the room and tried to convince her. She was defending him giving me some stupid reasons. I wanted her to see what I was seeing and not have any false hope. At last, I gave up and left the room saying "Just know that I am here whenever you need me." This was the only thing I could say to her because I couldn't protect her if she did not want to be protected. She has to come out of her world and take a step for herself.

*************Time Skip*********

After that fight, Pihu seemed to be lost in her own thoughts. She has become quiet and started to zone out. So I offered her a job in my company in order to keep her busy. I am thankful she agreed to it without any fuss.

Today she will be her first day at work so I came down to have breakfast. "Good morning everyone," saying that I announced my presence and sat at the dining table. After having breakfast I started to leave for the office. Dad asked me to take Pihu with her but she refused. "You can come with me. I will be waiting for you outside," saying that I left the place. I am keeping my distance with her. I don't want to do something that I will regret. I can't force my opinion on her so it's better I keep my distance from her.

I was waiting for her in the car and then I remembered that it was her first day. I decided to keep a note for her wishing her luck for her new journey. She entered the car and then we started our journey. No one said anything and it was a silent journey. We entered the building together and everyone became alert of my presence. We entered the elevator and I explained to her the schedule for the day. Before hearing her reply I left the elevator. I know I was being rude but still, this was the only way. Entering my cabin I asked her to sit and called Ahana. She was my secretary and very efficient in her work.

While we were waiting she was looking fidgeting. I asked her to relax and gave her a glass of water. She drank the glass of water in one go. I was about to say something when I heard a knock on the door. Ahana came and I introduced both of them. Then I asked her to show her around. They left and I got engrossed in my work.

Ahana and I were discussing a few things when there was a knock on the door. Pihu entered the cabin with a coffee in her hand. I drink only blank coffee but it was a normal coffee. Ahana asked her to take it back but I can't do that as it was the first time she made something for me with her free will. She left the cabin and then I asked Ahana to leave. After they left I clicked a photograph of the coffee and drank a coffee. It was delicious and a smile spread across my face.

*************Time Skip*********

Today I was angry as there was a mistake in the deal we made. It was a huge thing and it could cost us a huge loss. I was damn angry that how could I make such a mistake. I vented my anger on things in my office but then Pihu came in. She made me realize how to focus on the next action and not on the past. I followed her advice and asked everyone to gather at the meeting hall. I asked her to come with me but she refused. I was angry at her refusal. I don't know why but still her refusal was a slap in my face. Maybe I was expecting more from her or maybe I was assuming things.

I left from there and went inside the conference room. Everyone was present there except Pihu. I waited for her to come and she entered the room. Her face was glowing and she had a bright smile on her face. She looked towards me but I averted my eyes from her. Ahana said something and she retaliated back. I was happy she took a stand for her. I stopped their fight before Ahana could say something that might hurt Pihu.

I gave my speech and was thankful for such a great staff. They were ready to support me and everyone went for their work. I was about to get to my office but one of the senior people stopped me. We discussed a few things and then I went to my office.

When I was going to my office I felt someone was following me. I looked through the peripheral of my eyes and saw it was none other than Pihu. I entered the cabin and pushed the door but did not close it properly. I knew she was observing me and I was enjoying her attention.

I sat on my seat and started doing a few things on my laptop. I noticed there was a cup of coffee at my table and then liked everything. I wanted her to wait so I was delaying it. I was enjoying how frustrated she was feeling.

I thought of ending her misery and looked at the cup of coffee like I saw it for the first time. I brought the cup of coffee near me and took out my phone. I clicked a picture of the coffee and smiled looking at the design she made. I took a sip of the coffee and gave the expression she was waiting for. Satisfied with my expression she left from there.

Author's Note

Hello lovely readers 🙋‍♀️

This is the last chapter of Aditya's POV of the previous chapter. From the next chapter onwards story will be moving forward😊 Reading this many readers' reactions would be thank God😂

Sorry if you felt confused😅

Don't forget to tell me how you like the chapter🤞