Chapter - 24

Aditya's POV:

Jumping in the pool I held Pihu in my arms and came out of the pool. The girl brought some towels and I wrapped it around her body. I looked at her so-called husband to be still standing there. Mom came near us and tried to dry her hair. I was already with the stunt she pulled. She wanted to prove a point I get it but it could have cost a life.

I picked Pihu in my arms and said "I am taking Pihu to my penthouse and ask doctor to visit. Mom you go and handle the party in my absence." Without hearing her response I just left from there.

I asked the driver to bring the car. I laid her in the backseat of the car and sat there with her. On the way, I called our personal doctor to be present there. It was hardly 10 minutes ride and I entered the penthouse. It was very well organized and everything was set. I sometimes used to come here so I have asked someone to take care of it. Nobody stays here at night just the guards.

I took her inside the room and made her lie on the couch. I can't make her lay on the bed as her clothes are still wet. The doorbell rang and I went to open the door. Opening the door Neha our family doctor was standing there.

"Hi," she said with a smile on her face. I just nodded my head and gave her a way to enter the room.

"She slipped into the pool and she fainted after that. I think it was due to panic," I explained to her.

"First she needs to change else her condition can be worse", she explained.

"Let me bring my clothes as she does not have clothes here. Can you please help change her if you don't mind?" I asked her hoping she would help me. I know Pihu won't be comfortable with me changing her and I want to respect her opinion.

"Sure take her to the room and then I will help you there," she told me. I just nodded my head and picked Pihu in my arms. I made sure the doctor was following her. I put her on the couch and went inside the closet to bring clothes. I bought my shirt and a lower. I gave it to the doctor and said "I will be outside if you need anything."

After 10 minutes she opened the door. "I have checked her and it looks like she has fainted because of the panic of drowning. She will wake up don't worry. Just make sure to feed her something healthy and bed rest for one to two days. Then she would be all fit and fine," she gave me instructions.

"Any medicines?" I asked her.

"Nothing specific. Just make sure she rests," with that she left the room. I showed her the way out and came back to my room. Pihu was sleeping peacefully on the bed. I went towards her and kept the duvet properly over her body. I dimmed the lights and kept one night bulb going in case she woke up. I am not sure she likes to sleep in the dark or with lights on so this was the best option for now.

I went outside and started to work for some time to distract my mind. A call disturbed my concentration and seeing the caller ID made my mood more worse than it was before.

I kept the phone aside but it started training again. Finally, I gave up and picked up the call.

"Yes Mom," I said in a frustrated tone. I was already upset with her about her today's behavior.

"How is Pihu?" she asked in a low voice.

"Do you even care?" I asked her in a high-pitched voice.

"It's not what you think. Of course, I do care about her and you know it," she tried to give an explanation but I was not interested to hear.

I interrupted her and said, "Mom it did not look like that."

"She was drowning for hell's sake and what you did was you wanted your son to save her" I concluded my statement.

"He was her husband. Can't you see that? I wanted her husband to save and care for her," it was her turn to shout at me.

"Yeah, the husband who did not even care. What if she would have drowned and died?" I asked her.

"I" she started to say something but did not complete her sentence. I can hear her muffled cry.

I released her breath and said "Mom you have to realize your mistake. It was not the time for your games," I tried to make her understand.

"I know and I am ashamed of it. But can't you see I was trying to help them and doing all this in their favor?" she asked me.

"Mom I get it but you can't justify your actions and you know that," I again explained to her.

"I know," she said in a low voice. I don't want to be hard on her but this was the only way to make her understand her mistake.

Then there was an uncomfortable silence in the line. I broke it by saying "She is fine but unconscious Mom. You guys also rest and I will update you if I need any help."

"When will you bring her back?" she asked with a little caution. I can feel the hesitation in her voice.

"Mom I don't know when she will wake up. Honestly at this point for me, her health is my priority. Whenever she feels better and wants to come back I will bring her," I explained the situation to her.

"OK fine but take care of yourself also and keep me posted," she said to which I just replied with a "hmm"

"Bye Mom," saying that I cut the call without waiting for her response.

I was angry, frustrated, and had mixed emotions about the situation, Shlok and Mom. Maybe if the situation would have been different and not this messed up.

I closed the laptop and rested my back on the chair. Then I kept my hand over my heart the only place that calms me down. Started repeating the words written again and again.

Author's Note

Hello lovely readers 🙋‍♀️

How was the chapter? 🤔