Chapter - 5

Pihu's POV:

Today was Aditya's first day at the office. Mom informed me yesterday to cook a sweet dish for him. He will leave at 8 in the morning so I got up early. I did my morning routine and took a shower. I decided to wear a saree today for no reason. I just wanted to wear something different and thought to wear it. I decided to go with a blue saree with white prints on it. I matched it with a white blouse. For earrings, I went with a silver jhumka and green bangles.

I applied pink lipstick and kept my hair open as they were still wet

I applied pink lipstick and kept my hair open as they were still wet. It was time to go downstairs and prepare for breakfast. Before exiting the room I decided to wake Shlok up.

"Shlok get up and sleep in bed," I shook him slightly. He groaned and said "Five minutes."

I looked at the time and it was getting late. I really had to go downstairs so I said "Shlok I need to go. It is getting late."

He irritatingly got up from the sofa and went to bed. He did not even look at me. I was waiting for him to look and at least compliment me.

My tears were on the verge of falling. I composed myself and said, "Not now Pihu."

Putting a fake smile on my face I exited the bedroom. Shlok and I don't sleep in the same bed. We had decided not anyone in the family knew about it. So whenever any one of us has to go leave early we wake the other one to sleep in bed. This is the routine we both follow without fail.

I went downstairs and went to the kitchen. In the kitchen, Anita was already up and cooking breakfast.

Seeing me entering she said "Good morning didi (sister)." I smiled and wished her back.

"By the way Didi (sister) you look beautiful," she said with a smile.

"Thank you so much Anita," I replied back. Though this was the comment I wanted to hear from my dear husband but he was too busy in his sleep.

I just shrugged and started taking ingredients out to make something sweet. Mom informed me that Aditya liked Kheer while Shlok liked Halwa. I was in a dilemma about what to cook now.

Since my dear husband ignored me and gave more importance to his sleep I also chose to ignore him in the same way.

I started cooking kheer and trying my level best to make it delicious. After spending a good amount of time in the kitchen finally, it was ready.

I was nervous as we couldn't taste it because it was offered to God in the morning prayer.

"Pihu is everything ready?" Mom asked entering the kitchen.

"Yes, Mom but I don't know how it will taste," I pouted. Though I knew cooking it was not something I did out of a hobby. For me, cooking is kind of a task so often quantity and taste can go up and down.

"No issues don't worry we are not judging you," she said as she took a bowl of Kheer in her hand.

"Now you also join Pooja," she said as she left the kitchen. There was no compulsion rule to join the morning prayer. It was usually Mom and Dad doing it and the rest of the family members join if they wake up at that time. I try my level best to join them but sometimes I fail miserably.

I put the end of my saree to cover my head and went inside the Pooja room. There was Mom, Dad, and Anita already present. Mom was there singing Aarti while Dad was ringing the bell. I also stood behind them and joined my hands.

"Pihu", Mom called me and showed Aarti thali to me. I took it in my hand and started rotating it.

In the middle, a hand came and held the plate where I held it. I smiled thinking it was my husband and finished the prayers.

I turned to give Aarti to the person on my side I was shocked to see him. He was none other than Aditya. I looked around the room to spot Shlok but he was not there. This means that the person was Aditya.

He took the Aarti and then other members also took it. I was too shocked to react to anything but the man there was smiling.

"I think we should go and have breakfast," Aditya's voice brought me back from shock.

Everyone went out and I kept the things in their place. Clearing my throat I was about to leave a place when my saree got stuck.

I turned around to look where it got stuck. Aditya was standing there with a smirk on his face. I thought he was holding it so I gave him a glare.

"Leave," I told him straight. I was angry with his childish behavior.

"Or what?" he challenged me.

"Don't" I was still glaring at him. It looked as if my eyes were spitting fire that could burn him.

He raised his hand in surrender and moved aside. The end of the saree was stuck in a door frame near Aditya. Shit, I was embarrassed to accuse him of something he didn't do.

He took the end and freed it from there. The end was still in his hand and he was coming close to me.

I gulped when he was close to my face. I don't know but his closeness was really doing something to me. It was like my body was enjoying the attention he was giving but my mind and heart were resisting it.

"You look gorgeous," he said in a husky voice. "Blue suits you," he added. We both were looking at each other eyes without blinking.

"If I ever hold it I will never leave it," saying that he kept the end in my hand. I didn't know whether he was talking about a saree or something else.

Before I could react he left from there. Realizing how close he was and the compliment a blush crept on my face.

Author's Note

Hello lovely readers🙋‍♀️

How is the story going so far?🤔