Chapter - 30

Aditya's POV:

It has been a few since the incident in the garden. We are back to normal but I have been tracking the person responsible for it. I have asked my friend Aakash who kind of helps me with this kind of stuff. He is kind of involved in the mafia so I do all my dirty work.

He checked the footage but the face was not seen on the cameras so we cannot trace it. He said he needed some time to figure out who the person was. If I knew the person I would surely kill him/her from my own hands.

I was busy with my work and Pihu was doing her work. We have been doing normal talks. I did not tell her about the person because I didn't want her to worry. Nobody in my house knows about it. When I heard that Pihu thought she was pushed I just asked Aakash to look into it. Though Pihu brushed it off I cann't let it slide. Anything could have happened if I did not reach on time. I want to know why someone pushed her and left her there. I thought someone could have pushed by mistake and did not say anything due to fear. But my gut feeling says it is not a mistake.

I was busy with my work when there was a knock on the door. "Come in" I commanded the person to enter. The door opened and Pihu came inside the room. She was holding a cup of coffee in one hand and the other hand was holding a file.

She kept the table and passed me the file. "This is the report you asked for," I held the file and started checking it.

I kept the file on the table and picked up the coffee. As usual, the coffee has a design saying "Happy weekend."

This is my habit now every day she brings coffee for me

This is my habit now every day she brings coffee for me. usually, it is something written on it. I love how coffee has become our love language. I smiled looking at the design and said "Are you buttering me?"

She passed the smile back and asked "Is it working?" "Depends on the taste," I commented. I know no way this tastes bad. I usually prefer black coffee but the time from which she started bringing coffee my taste has changed. I like the idea of how she put effort into giving it a special touch.

"You know it will be the best," she commented with a proud grin on her face. "There is a thin line between confidence and over-confidence," I replied to her with a coffee mug still in my hand.

"And who said I crossed that line?" she pretended to think of the name. I laughed at her expression and she said "Your smile is beautiful." She tried to murmur it but I heard it loud and clear. My heart was dancing hearing a compliment from him.

"Did you say anything?" I asked trying to pretend that I did not hear anything. Her expressions were like she was caught red-handed. She just shook her head in a no.

I know it slipped from her mouth but now I have heard it. I like she likes my smile. I will be smiling more often now. I always get compliments from everyone about my smile. But the compliment she gave me made me proud of my smile. It was like I was waiting for approval about it.