Chapter - 14

Pihu's POV:

Today is Sunday and everyone is present at home. We are having our breakfast which Mom cooked today. The breakfast was made as per Shlok's choice. Aditya was on dieting so he will be having his diet cooked food.

"I think today at dinner we should all go together to celebrate Aditya's success," Mom announced. Yes, the deal which had gone wrong was now done. Aditya's strategy finally worked and he cracked the deal. Everyone was really happy for him. He worked really hard on those days. He was the last person to leave the office and the first person to arrive in the morning. His hard work really paid off.

"Mom I am busy," Shlok informed everyone. I knew he was not busy but I think he should have said yes. After all, it was his brother's success party plus its family together.

"Stop giving excuses Shlok. After a very long time we as a family will be going together," Mom tried to convince him.

I know he won't budge if he decides something but it is hard to convince him. "Mom please you guys go and enjoy," he said getting irritated.

"Shlok comeon what is the issue?" Mom asked. Soon his phone dinged with a message. He turned his phone upside down before I could have a glance at who it was.

"One day I will surely burn your phone," Mom said getting irritated now. It's true Shlok is always glued to his phone. He rarely spends time with his family. Mostly he is at work or somewhere out God knows doing what. If he is at home he makes sure to spend time with his first wife which is his phone. I never complained because if he is not with his phone also in my dreams he will spend time with me.

"If he does not want to come let it be," Aditya broke his silence. I know he wanted to celebrate with his family including his brother. He won't say it loud but he wants his big brother to be there for him.

I sighed and ate my food. "Pihu tell him to come with us," Mom said suddenly. I rolled my eyes internally thinking as if he would listen to me.

"Mom let's not make it a big issue and leave," Aditya said before I could say anything. I blinked my eyes indicating I was thankful for him to come to my rescue.

"Everyone is going and that is final," finally it was Dad who spoke. "Dad but," Shlok tried to say something.

"Shlok it is final no discussion," Dad said authoritatively. Shlok sighed and said, "OK Dad." I was shocked to hear it.

"So at what we will be going?" Mom asked. "I think 8 o'clock is fine," Dad said.

"Mom I will book your favorite restaurant," Aditya told her. She was the most exciting person out of all.

"Thank you so much. Yeah," She said excitedly. She was behaving like a small child who just received candy.

After having breakfast we all went to our room. I went to the library to read some books. I was reading some books when a thought came to my mind that I should give Aditya a gift from our side for his success.

I went to my room to ask Shlok to suggest something. He was working on his laptop.

Entering I cleared my throat to gain his attention. When he looked towards me I said "I think we should buy something for Aditya from our side."

"For what?" he asked and started to type something on his laptop.

"For cracking a deal," I told him in a duh tone.

"Then you can order something," he said without even looking towards me.

"Come on Shlok this is the least you could do for your brother," I said and sat on the sofa near him.