Chapter - 8

Pihu's POV:

After that incident in the room, I tried to ignore Shlok as much as possible. I don't want to give fuel to his anger. I hope that all his worries go away. As for Aditya, we had been doing small talk. He has not mentioned anything about the incident or about my marriage life.

Today I will be starting working in Aditya's company. He offered me a job to write blogs for his company. It would be like a side hustle as I already work with some brands. I don't have to go to the office daily. I will be only going to the office once required. I was happy when he offered me this job as it would be a distraction for me. For me, writing is the only thing that keeps me alive. So the more I do it the better it is. It is a kind of escape for me from the real world.

Before joining the company I asked Aditya's parents about it and they were very happy. I did not take Shlok's permission but I left a message for him about it. I don't know but I felt the need to inform him. I know he might not care or even bother to look at it but still, I did my part. Rest it up to him. I don't want to give up on this marriage without at least giving it a try from my side.

I don't know what people in his office wear so I chose to keep it formal. I wore black pants with a white top. I kept my makeup minimalistic with nude-colored lipstick. To complete my look I wore long silver earrings and silver heels. Since I was not wearing my nuptial chain (Mangalsutra) so wore my wedding ring on my left hand.

 Since I was not wearing my nuptial chain (Mangalsutra) so wore my wedding ring on my left hand

Shlok was still sleeping in his bed peacefully. I decided not to disturb his sleep so I did not wake him up. I kept a few essential things in my handbag so rechecked to see if I missed anything.

After getting ready I went down to have breakfast. Mom and Dad were already present at the dining table. I went towards them and touched their feet. "God bless you Beta (Child)," Mom said while Dad stopped me from touching his feet. He hugged me and said "All the best for today."

"Beta (Child) have your breakfast then only you will go to the office," Mom said strictly. I laughed and remembered how my mother used to say the same thing. We all started our breakfast when Aditya came down.

"Good morning everyone," he said and sat on the chair opposite to me. "Good morning and have your breakfast now," Mom offered him his breakfast. He is very strict with his diet so he eats what is mentioned in it. I on the other hand have no diet with respect to food.

We all finished our breakfast with some chit-chats from here and there. "Mom I am leaving now," Aditya announced.

"Take Pihu with you as you both are going to the same place," Dad told him.

"No Dad I can take the public transport. Let him go," I replied. I can't take a car since I am a lifetime passenger. I tried to learn to drive a car but no issue. Since then I have declared myself a passenger princess. So here the only option left for me is public transport.

"You can come with me. I will be waiting for you outside," saying that he left the place.

I decided to go behind him when Mom said "Pihu wait". She gestured something to Anita and then went inside the kitchen. Anita came with a bowl in her hand and gave it to Mom. "This is curd and sugar. As this is your first day before leaving eat this" saying that she offered me a spoon of it. Eating that I hugged and thanked her. I was having tears in my eyes because of her sweet gesture.

"No tears before leaving the house," Dad came and hugged me too. Since the day I was married, they both have loved me as their daughter. I will always be grateful to have them in my life.

Bidding them goodbye I came out of the house. I saw Aditya was waiting for me in the car.

I opened the door and sat inside the car. "Sorry for keeping you waiting," I apologized. "It's okay," he said and we started our journey to the office.

Throughout the journey, no one initiated the conversation. The ride was silent with some songs playing on the radio. I was looking out of the window and enjoying the view. I need to learn the way to the office also as I can't ask him to take me office every day. I don't want to rely on him for that matter on anyone.

We reached the office and he parked the car. I came out of the car and we started walking together. As soon as everyone saw him they started wishing him. He just smiled and gave them a nod.

He was walking too fast it was becoming difficult for me to match his footsteps. He noticed my struggle and slowed down his steps. Not knowing what to say I just smiled at his gesture.

We reached the elevator and the door closed. He pressed the buttons and said "Today is your first day so try to get used to the environment first. Then tomorrow onwards we can start our work."

I was about to reply when the elevator door opened indicating that we had reached. There were various rooms for people and the place was quiet. I guess there are only a few people who work on this floor. We passed a few rooms and then reached his office. His name was written on the door.

His room was not vibrant and full of colors. It was opposite to his personality. He is a fun, outgoing, and easy-going person while his room was in a darker shade. The only color visible was black and white. One side of the wall had a map design in the middle and both sides had a shelf containing files and books. At the centre there was his table present which was quite neat. The table had files, a laptop, a desktop, and all the essential things. Behind him was some kind of a door which I had no idea where it was leading to. Then there was a window I guess which was having blinds.

He dialed something on the phone and said "In my cabin now

He dialed something on the phone and said "In my cabin now." "You can take a seat," saying that he sat on his chair. I sat on the chair opposite him and started playing with my nails. As the confidence was fading away and everything started to kick in.

Author's Note

Hello lovely readers🙋‍♀️

I just completed this chapter and published it for you guys😊

Don't forget to vote and comment.