Chapter - 6

Flashback

Pihu's POV:

I was sitting at the dining table with my parents. My parents were treating me like a princess. Don't get me wrong my parents always fulfilled all my wishes but today they treated me with extra care. Like they did not scold me today even when I woke late. Now at the dining table also she has cooked all my special dishes and even served me.

I was enjoying their attention as always. I ate my food with pin-drop silence. Suddenly I saw Mom and Dad giving each other looks as if they wanted to ask something.

"Mom Dad you can ask me anything. Stop this eye game," said I looked towards them. I was waiting for them to speak.

Finally, Dad cleared his throat and asked "Princess we wanted to ask about your decision?"

I knew what they were talking about but I wanted to play innocent. "Decision regarding what?" I asked.

"We had a talk last night remember?" this time it was Mom.

I pretend to think for some time and said "I am not sure what you guys are talking about."

"About the proposal for marriage," Mom said in one go.

"Oh," I pretended to remember it. "Yes, I have decided," I told them with a serious face.

"So what have you decided?" Dad asked hesitantly. Nervousness at the same time a ray of hope was clearly seen in their faces.

"Mom actually I thought about it but," I tried to say with a sad expression.

They were waiting for my reply. "Yes," I finally said.

"Beta (Child) but you can think once again," Mom started to say. I think she did not listen to my words.

"Roshni calm down she said yes," Dad informed her again.

"Oh my God," Mom shouted. I put my hands in my ears and said "Mom calm down."

"No, it is not time to calm down. We have to celebrate. Wait I will bring sweets," saying that she left for the kitchen.

She brought the sweets from the kitchen. She brought a ladoo in front of me. I was about to take a bite of it but my dear mother stuffed my mouth with whole ladoo.

Night time

After our discussion and all the excitement shown by Mom, we all went to our work. Today most of the time I was reading stories on Wattpad. I usually read romance stories and found one of the books in which the main characters were arranged. The most important was how they both took one step at a time and finally, the female character found a man whom she can call My Man.

(A/N: Here I am shamelessly plugging in my first story😅If you have not read it please go and check it out😜)

There was a ray of hope that maybe this marriage will also turn out a good decision and maybe we can also have our happily ever after.

Soon I drifted to sleep thinking about the same person who comes into my dream every day.

Time Skip

From the day my marriage got fixed, my parents were over the top, especially my mom. I have met his family a few times during the shopping and dinner. He was still in London for his business and we have never met. Forget meeting he has not talked to me.

I was second-guessing my decision now. The least I could expect from him was a message. I don't want him to have all romantic conversation or some flirting but we could just try to take one step. I was trying to be as positive as I can be but there is always a second thought that is back of my mind. Maybe he is not ready? Maybe he has someone else? All these may be made me scared and breaks my heart. All I want is to have a loving family in which my husband loves me to the moon and back. Then slowly and gradually we will be having children and grow old.