Chapter - 23

Aditya's POV:

My business was growing at a good speed. The few deals which we have cracked really helped in a growing business. I am happy that finally, I can make a name for myself. To lighten up the mood and boost my employee's confidence I kept a party. The party was organized by Ahana and she did really a good job. She can be irritating sometimes but she is really good at her job.

I came to the party early to greet and welcome all the people. There were stakeholders present to whom I needed to attend personally. I was going to each and everyone and having conversations with all of them.

Then I spotted Mom and Dad entering the hall. They both were alone I waited for Pihu to come but no she did not come. I was disappointed as to why she did not come. Maybe she is not feeling well. I tried to convince myself.

"My child congratulations on your success," Mom said and kissed my cheeks.

"Congratulations son We are proud of you," it was Dad this time. I hugged both of them and said thank you.

"Mom, where is Shlok and Pihu?" I asked her. My main focus was to know about Pihu. I wanted her to be here when I will give my speech.

"They both are coming shortly," she replied, and then both of them indulged in the conversation with other people.

I introduced them to a few people and then as usual business talk started. I looked at the time and it was time for me to give a speech.

"You guys continue I will be right back," I said as I excused myself from there. Then I went backstage and started to discuss a few things with the anchor. Ahana was there, guiding me on how things would be going.

She was explaining everything but suddenly my eyes went to a beautiful girl. She was none other than Pihu. She was looking breathtaking and I could not take my eyes off her.

"Sir," Ahana's voice made me aware of my surroundings. I cleared my throat and said "Relax Ahana you go and enjoy the party. I will do as per your instructions."

She smiled and said "All the best sir." Then she left from there and I took out my phone and messaged Pihu.

Reading my compliment she smiled and started looking for me. I was standing backstage behind the pillar so she could not see me. I typed again saying she would find me when the time was right.

She replied back asking Are we playing hide and seek? I smiled at her cuteness and replied saying there was a surprise waiting for her.

Soon my name was announced and I entered the stage. First I welcomed and thanked everyone for coming here. Then I continued with the speech that I had prepared regarding the company's vision and everything.

Last but not least I would like to thank one person who showed confidence in me when no one did. So thank you and I will dedicate this and all the success coming in the future to you. You are the pillar of my life. You give me strength and make me believe in myself. You are like a blessing in disguise for me.

Finally, I acknowledged her in front of everyone. I did not take her name as I didn't want to create any controversy or cause problems for her. If it were to me I would have shown off to the world but she was not mine.

The crowd started asking a few questions to which I replied "I don't know about marriage but yes she is a special person." I looked directly into her eyes and said those words. I wanted her to feel special. I wanted her to feel that she does hold a special place in my life.

"Is she present here?" this time it was the anchor who asked it.

I smiled and looking at her said "Maybe." Then I paused and moved my eyes in another direction. "Or maybe not" I concluded giving a vague statement.

"But I am sure she is listening to me," finally I concluded. With that, the party started with full power. People were enjoying themselves on the dance floor. I came back and joined the people.

I started to go where Pihu was but stopped by one of the stakeholders. He congratulated me and introduced me to his daughter. I greeted them and listened to their conversation. I was not interested in hearing praises of their daughter but I smiled and showed my interest.

After that, I excused myself from there and went straight to the table. Pihu was not there I could only see Mom and a few of her friends there.

"Aditya I guess the wedding bells can be heard soon," one of Mom's friends said.

Confused I asked "Meaning?" "How innocent he is acting he just announced about a girl and is now pretending as if there is no one," she said indicating the person I talked about in the speech.

If only I could have her I would surely get married but I can't. Sighing I said, "It's nothing like this."

"You also hide this from us Neetu," she pretended to get angry with Mom.

"I am also hearing this for the first time. I will tell you as soon as I get any confirmation," Mom said looking at me. I know she was angry about the stunt I just pulled. I can clearly see she is controlling her anger in front of everyone.

Mom excused herself and brought me out of the party. As we came out I could see Shlok talking to some girl. Looking at the face of the girl Mom's expression changed. She rushed towards them and I followed her.

Before she could speak anything a voice came "Help someone here." We all looked shocked and started to run towards the direction of the voice.

"Sir Pihu is drowning," she pointed towards the pool. The blood drained from my body hearing her name. Without giving it a second thought I was about to jump when a hand stopped me.

"Wait," she said and looked towards Shlok. I know she expected Shlok to help her but this was not the time for it.

I could see her struggling and I can't see her like this. "Mom she is drowning," I told her and started to loosen her grip on my hand.

"She is not your wife," she concluded and again looked at Shlok. She had hope in her eyes. Shlok started to take a step forward but was stopped by the same girl. She moved her head from left to right indicating to him not to go. he was conflicted about his decision and stopped in his tracks. What the hell who is this girl? What is happening here?

I was so confused I looked toward the pool and I could feel Pihu's body going limp.

"Bring something for her now," I told the girl who called for help. She went inside to search for I don't know what.

"You guys are going crazy," with that I held Mom's hand and threw it aside. Without thinking twice I jumped inside the pool.

Author's Note

Hello lovely readers 🙋‍♀️

This update is for all the readers who messaged/commented for me to update a new chapter😍 Thank you guys for all your support😘

Lots of love ❤️