Aarohi's Decision

The one who heard the conversation between Manish and Swarna was none other than Aarohi.

It did hurt. For once all her inner demons came out but she remembered the promise she made to her dad, the last conversation she had with him. She reminded herself that she would control her inner demons and will not let her negative emotions take over her. She won't be the reason behind any broken relationship. 

She knows very well that she won't ever be able to take her elder sister's place. Slowly but surely, she was trying to understand and accept that she doesn't even need to take that place and that it is supposed to belong to her sister only.

With various thoughts running across her mind, Aarohi made a decision.

Next day, all were gathered for breakfast. Manish wanted to inform everyone about his decision but before he could say anything, Aarohi spoke

Aarohi : I want to tell something to everyone.

Mimi: Kya hua Aaru beta? Sab theek toh h na?

(what happened child? Is everything fine?)

Aarohi: I want to be a doctor and for that I have to give NEET. I want to start preparing for it from now itself and for that I have to live at a place where I will get good resources. So,......I want to go to Jodhpur to study at Ummed International school.

Mimi: What are you even talking about? Why would you go to Jodhpur?? If you want to study then you can do that in Udaipur also. There are so many schools here. If you don't like your I will ask people to look for even better school but forget about going out of city.

Aarohi: Mimi please calm down. I know you don't want me to go away and that's why I am not going anywhere far away. It's in Jodhpur, just a few hours away from here. Moreover there is AIIMS in Jodhpur and I want to get admission there. So won't it be better for me to go there.

Aksara: Aaru what are you talking about? How is it possible for you to live alone. If you are going then i will also go with you.

Aarohi: Aksu you have to stay here. If we both go away then who will take care of these old people (she starts laughing)

Swarna: Don't try to change the topic Aarohi. Is it really necessary for you to go. Can't you just stay here. You are just in 10th standard.

Aarohi: Please badi maa, please everyone, please agree to it. You all know how stubborn I am, if you guys won't allow me to go to Jodhpur then.....

Kairav: Then what?

Aarohi: Then I will make sure to get into AIIMS Delhi and then I will go even further away.

Kairav: Shut up Aaru! You know very well that Udaipur has much better resources. Why Jodhpur?

Aarohi: I know bhai. But I want to study at AIIMS. Moreover there are good colleges here but they are private colleges. Do you even know the fees?

Kairav: As if we can't afford the fees! (scoffs)

Aarohi: Bhai please....please.

Kairav: Fine if you want to go then go. I am sure you will start calling me soon to bring you back home.

After some more talking and convincing, everyone reluctantly agrees.

Manish thinks how all this happened so coincidently and suddenly.

Swarna doubts that Manish talked to Aarohi about the boarding school thing and confronts him.

After getting to know that Manish never talked to Aarohi about this, Swara finds it weird but doesn't take it to heart because Aarohi has always been serious about her studies.

Aarohi plans to move to Jodhpur right after giving exams. Thus, She starts her packing and all.

Kairav with the help of Manish look for places to stay in Jodhpur and completes Aarohi's admission process.

Aarohi: Bhai, why are you looking for acomodations? I will stay in hostel.

Kairav: But we can't stay in hostel. We will come to meet you often so we need a place to stay. Moreover, after school you are going to live in Jodhpur for a few years so it's better to have a house there.

Manish: Kairav is right. That's why we we are looking for places near your school and college.

Aarohi (gets teary-eyed): Thank you. I will miss you a lot.

Kairav: Ab bhi time h. Tu kahe toh admission cancel kr doon.

(There is still time. if you want I can cancel your admission.)

Aarohi: No bhaiya. Now when I come back home you will not see Aarohi but doctor Aarohi.

Mimi: You dare! Spit those words out. What do you even mean? Won't you come here before completing your studies? Kairav, cancel her admission right now. 

Aarohi: Are mimi calm down. Why would I not be back here? I will come back for every festival, every celebration. And if I forget to come then you can come to Jodhpur and drag me here. 

Mimi: As if I won't do that. I am telling you, you have to come every now and then. All vacations must be spent here. Got it.

Aarohi: Got it, boss.

Aarohi goes back to her room. Akshara comes in.

Akshara: After such a long time I have seen you talking to everyone for so long. Honestly, it felt like it was happening for the first time ever.

Aarohi: Oh come on! You are saying it as if I never talk to you guys.

Akshara: Well, you do but not so much.

Aarohi: It's just that I will be going in a few months so just wanted to spend some happy and relaxed time before that.

Akshara: Aaru, promise me you will return back every week.

Aaru: Aksu, are you serious? I am going to boarding school. How am I supposed to return every week?

Akshara: Ok fine not every week then every month no further discussion.

Aaru: Hm I will try.

Akshu: Don't try just come back.........Aru how will you sleep alone.

Aaru: Akshu,I am not a baby I can sleep alone.

Akshu to herself: Yes you can sleep but you can't sleep well.

Akshu: Remember to eat at time. don't you dare to forget to eat while studying.

If I find that you became even a bit slim then before then you will face my wrath.

Aaru: Really, let's see. Now stop crying it's not like I am going today itself.

Akshu: I  am not crying. 

She touches her face and feels tears coming out of her eyes. She didn't even realise when she started crying. How will she stay from her sister.

Akshu hugs Aaru to sleep.

Time flies by, Aaru gives her 10th exams and is ready to go to Jodhpur.

________________________________________________________________________________

What awaits for her in Jodhpur?

Will she have a new world filled with happiness or will destiny take turn for bad?

What will happen in Udaipur?

Will Aarohi's absense bring peace or chaos?