Bhaiya

Kairav's POV

I have been here for a while now. I had fun being involved in all the preparations. The best part was that these people were not treating me as a stranger. 

I expected such treatment from Aaryaman as we got closer after their engagement but I never expected his whole family to treat me the same way.

I also got introduced to Mr. Surya Rajvansh. It feels unrealistic but he is my maternal uncle. 

After knowing the truth, I expected him to hate or atleast dislike me but on the contrary he treated me way too well.

It felt so unreal to me that I actually asked him why he was treating me well.

He just said one thing.....

'You were my sister's heartbeat. She never talked much about her family but she never missed a chance to speak about you.' 

'Whenever she saw Ayansh, she would tell them about how her son was also very cute.'

Kairav felt his emotions taking over him. 

He missed her.

He missed his mother.

He was strolling around the house to clear his mind when he met Aarohi who was supposedly going somewhere.

Aarohi: Kairav bhaiya, are you okay?

Kairav: Hmm...I am okay.

Aarohi: It doesn't seem so.

Kairav: Don't worry. I am okay.

Aarohi: Bhaiya....

Kairav: Kya hua?

Aarohi: Vo actually....you know ...

Kairav: It's okay. Tell me.

Aarohi: There are various rituals which are performed by the bride's family. Almost all of those rituals will be performed by Rajvansh's. .....and...there are several rituals which are to be performed by the bride's brother....

Kairav: You want Ayansh to perform them ... it's okay with me...

Aarohi: No! That's not what I meant....I wanted to say that can you both perform those rituals together.

Kairav: Hmm sure.

Aarohi: Thank-you

Kairav: Thank YOU

Aarohi: Hm?

Kairav: Thank you...for letting me be a part of all this.

Aarohi: Bhaiya...I know we are not like the normal siblings. Yes, I have complaints against you. Yes, I am still not over the past. But you are my brother. Probably the only one who ever treated me as his blood relative from his heart. So these are your rights. I'll never take them away from you. 

Kairav: Then what about Bade papa-badi mummy, mimi and Akshu?

Aarohi: Bhaiya, you know...

Kairav: I don't.

Aarohi: Huh??

Kairav: I don't know anything Aaru. You never told me your side of story. I just know whatever badi ma told me.

Aarohi (takes a deep breath) :Bhaiya, I won't explain about how I felt. I will ust put forward all the facts for you to judge and react......... Bade papa never liked mumma. His dislike towards her increased when he found her meeting Surya paa. He somehow thought that mumma was cheating on papa. After mumma papa left, he still had to see me everyday. My presence probably reminded him of 'bad memories', so, he directed that dislike towards me. He is well aware of the fact that I am papa's daughter which is probably the only reason which allows him to feel proud of me whenever I achieve anything. That's about bade papa. 

Badi mumma, as much as I love her, I hate the fact that she was just a silent viewer in all the situation. I hate it that she never spoke up despite being aware of all facts.

Akshu, it's not that I don't like her. It's just that I prefer to stay away from her. It's the best for both of us.

I already knew all that but I wanted her to speak out. 

Listening to her, I realised that the damage done is beyond repair.

I just hugged her.

I thought 'Mumma papa sorry, I failed to protect your princess. She had to bear so much weight at such a young age. I failed you guys. I failed her. 

Aarohi: Don't blame yourself for everything. Yes you too did ignore me but just feel guilty about your part. Don't be guilty for whatever others did.

Kairav laughed out loud.

At Mehandi

I am so happy to see her like this. 

Surrounded by people who love her unconditionally.

My sister was having problems eating and drinking and for the first time her to-be-husband was unable to help her.

Well, he himself needed help. 

I went ahead and fed both of them.

In between, I and Ayansh teased our brother-in-law a lot.

Oh..did I tell you guys? Ayansh is now a good friend of mine.

In Sangeet

Well, I excused myself from all the competitions. 

Why?

I wanted to prepare a performance for my sister and I didn't want to mess it up. So, all of my attention was on that only.

I can dance well but today I had to sing. I have been prepairing for it, I just hope it would go well.

Just after Aaryaman's performance, I sang this song for my sister. 

The atmosphere became emotional.

Aaru rushed towards me and clung to me.

I said some promises to her and calmed her down.

After that we all enjoyed dancing to various songs.

As the wedding day is approaching, I feel happiness, sadness, anxiety and all kind of emotions taking over me.

I can't even imagine how Aaru must be feeling.

Tomorrow it's her wedding.

Though she implied that Goenkas shouldn't be here....I am pretty sure that some of them are definetly going to appear tomorrow.

Let's just hope that it will be a peaceful day.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Stay tuned.