8

Slowly, a crowd started to form around the popular boys who were still standing in front of the other four friends.

The students started whispering,

'Why are they talking to the weirdos?'

'Are they gonna beat them up?'

'Why is Changbin oppa talking to him?!'

Jeongin, obviously uncomfortable hearing those things, was trying to hide behind Seungmin.

Jisung looked at Seungmin and mouthed 'calm down' to the brunette.
Seungmin was mad, I mean, can you blame him?
Those people were making his friends feel uneasy, and he felt like that was reason enough to snap at them any second.

Felix also noticed the shitty comments of the students and classmates. And the four popular guys were the cause of that. He quickly closed his locker and wanted to finish the conversation as soon as possible.

"So... eh Changbin right...?, did you want to ask something?"

The blond asked, looking at the guy in front of him with a questioning look.

"Oh! Yes, sorry, I wanted to ask you for your phone number. You know for the project."

Said Changbin, taking his phone out of his pocket and handing it to Felix.

That action only made it worse.
The students around them were not even whispering anymore. Loudly talking about why in the world their favorite popular students were talking to no names like them.

'Omg, why the heck is he holding his precious phone?!'

'I heard that Mr. Park set them up for a project'

'What? Omg, poor Changbin'

Felix quickly typed in his number and gave the phone back to Changbin.

Contact Name: Lee Felix Project Partner
Contact Number: ### ### ####

Changbin smiled a bit when he saw the contact name, 'Lee Felix... cute name'. The raven-haired boy thought.

Felix's heart hurt when he looked back at his friends.
Jeongin stood a bit behind Seungmin and held Jisung's hand, looking at the ground.
Seungmin was glaring and looked like he was on the edge of throwing something at the people around them.

That's exactly why he didn't like the four popular guys. Of course, he knew that the judging looks and mean remarks of the other students weren't their fault.

But apparently, you have to deal with that even if you just want to talk to them.
And he hated that, what makes the four in front of him better than them?
Looks? Money? Grades?

"I think we should go now... you can uh text me for the project, I guess...
See you."

Whispered Felix to Changbin, then he turned around and told his friends that they could finally leave.

"Oh, of course... See you too!"

Changbin said slightly, smiling at the blond boy and his friends walking to the exit of the building.

- ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎ -

"Ughhhh, I should've said something sooner, right? I'm such an idiot. "

The four popular guys were currently sitting in Changbins' living room. They planned to play games and kill a bit of time until their food arrived.

Chan was blaming himself for not speaking up sooner.
Shortly after Changbins Project Partner and his friends left, he was so incredibly annoyed by the comments of their classmates that he told them to mind their God damn business.

"You probably should have," said Minho, putting his controller down, too.

"Wow, Minho thanks" Chan rolled his eyes and sighed at the raven-haired boy.

"You're welcome, hyung," said Minho giving Chan an evil grin.

"You two could've said something too, you know!" Said Chan looking at Minho and Hyunjin.

"Me? Talking to those scumbags? No thanks and Hyunjin was too busy trying not to stare at that boy anyway."

Hyunjin almost choked on his drink and looked at Minho in shock.

"What? Who? I don't know what you're talking about, haha Hyung." Hyunjin stammered.

"Oh please, even I noticed it and I was busy talking to Felix." Said Changbin, who was once again on his phone.

"See? You're fooling no one, Hwang." Said Minho, grinning at Hyunjin, who was now just pouting and looking at his drink.

"Anyway, you guys have that project, Who are your partners?" Asked Chan, looking at Minho and Hyunjin, since he already knew who Changbins partner was.

"Oh ehm... Kim Seungmin, you know the boy that had -"

"To help you clean the art classroom," the other three finished his sentence.

Hyunjin just dramatic as always crossed his arms, mumbling something about them being mean idiots.

"And Minho?" Asked Chan, looking at Minho curiously.

"Oh, I don't remember his name."

Minho looked at his phone, visibly avoiding any more questions. Chan just sighed at his friend's behavior.

It was no surprise to him that Minho didn't want to talk about it. Minho wasn't a big fan of getting to know new people, and the theme of their project wasn't making it easier.

*Ring Ding Dong*

"The food is here!! I'll go get it!"