22

Jisung looked at Minho with a slightly shocked face.
It's been a while since he got asked that question. 
The last person was actually Felix, who was wondering how someone had the dedication to write all the freaking time.

Every time Jisung told someone why he was writing, the conversation took a depressing turn. Maybe it was because of the sad reson, or Jisungs sad smile that always looked like it was going to break down any second. 

Jisung looked around the library, with no other students in sight. 
He sighed and turned, facing Minho again.

"Well, Hyung, you remember my brother and my mom, right? When you came over."

Jisung asked a slight smile on his lips as Minho nodded with a big smile.

"Of course."

"You also remember the big family Photo, right?"

Minhos eyes slightly widened, he didn't know that jisung saw him stare at the Photo. He nodded once again.

"Well, the people on there are my Mom, my brother, me, and my dad."

Jisung looked down a small smile on his lips.

"He's the reason I write. You sadly couldn't meet him."

Said jisung, a sad look on his face.
Minhos heart hurt at the sight. He took the others' hand in his.

"Hey... it's okay, Jisungie... I can meet him another day, okay?"

Said Minho with hopeful eyes, not quite understanding why Jisung was so sad.

Jisung looked up with a smile, his eyes shining a bit as he let out a small laugh.

"You sadly can't, Hyung... he died."

Minhos eyes widened, it finally clicked, and he felt a bit stupid that he didn't assume that earlier.
The old family Photos, there not being a polaroid of Jisungs dad, it made sense now.
He stopped his endless thoughts when he saw a tear escaping jisungs eye.

He leaned closer to jisung and pulled him into a hug.
A hug that both of them needed.
Full of comfort, warmth, and peace.

Even though the two boys haven't known echoder for that long. They found comfort in each others company. 
They felt a feeling that was new to both of them, but neither of them wanted to let go of.

They both let go of the hug.
They're hands still in echoders, as Jisung continued talking. 

"My dad was an amazing person.
He appreciated every little thing in life it didn't matter to him what it was.
He also wrote multiple journals.
From how he met my mom to his last moments, everything was written down."

Jisung paused, looking down at his own journal. 

"Before he died, I promised him to be grateful for everything too. To appreciate the good things that happen in life. And I started writing them down. At first, i was probably writing my pain away. But after some time, i realized it was a very comforting thing to do."

"So... yea, that's why I write Journals."

Minho nodded, and since the older didn't know what to do, he hugged the brunette again. Jisungs head resting on his shoulder.

"Jisungie... even tho I didn't get to know your dad, he sounds amazing.
Just like you."

The last part was supposed to come out as a whisper, but Jisung heard it very well. He smiled at his words.
Jisung was relieved. It was the first time he had opened up about his father so quickly. Maybe it's because with Minho, everything felt so easy. 
He didn't know why, but it felt right.

Suddenly, the tiny tingling feeling  in jisungs stomach spread through his whole body. From his feet to his fingertips, everything felt tingly.
That feeling he always had when he's with Minho.

"Hyung?"

Jisung asked, head still on Minhos shoulder.

"Yes?"

Said the raven haired, who was still holding Jisungs hand.
And with his other one holding his waist.

"My dad would've loved you."

Said jisung, closing his eyes, thinking about the time he spent with Minho.
About the incident in art class, them running into echoder in the shop. Or when Mr. Park paired them up as project partners.
The baby duckies, or Minho choking after seeing Hyunjin and Seungmin Hug. Him meeting Brian and his Mom. 

"I'm glad."

Said Minho.
The two spend a while hugging echoder.
Enjoying the silence and echoders warmth. 
Not caring that their friends probably looked for them or that their next class will start soon.

Right now, they were in their own world.
And there,
only the two of them mattered.