three; addiction

AN: GUYS I LOVE YOU. You've been showing the first two chapters so much love already and I'm so grateful❤️ please keep up with the comments and the votes, it truly makes me so happy to know you guys are enjoying it x

 You've been showing the first two chapters so much love already and I'm so grateful❤️ please keep up with the comments and the votes, it truly makes me so happy to know you guys are enjoying it x

I didn't sleep all night. I've done nothing good with my time except wallow in my own self-pity. I brought this on myself. Of course I did. This is all my fault. It's always my fault, I can never seem to do anything right.

I've been mindlinking my mate since the evening of the party but he refuses to answer other than telling me to be quiet.

I still don't even know his name. All he has done is tell me to keep my distance. I know how much the mindlinking is affecting him because it's doing the same to me. It lights up my body like a tree with fairy lights and my wolf purrs at the sound of his voice.

But our conversations are cut short because he doesn't want to speak with me for too long.
All I want to know is his name. I am desperate to put a name to that gorgeous face.

I can't stop thinking about his saddened eyes. The way they glimmered with betrayal in the light and the strict expression of devastation. It still haunts me. It will haunt me forever and maybe I deserve that.

For what feels like the hundredth hour of the day I roll into bed, feeling the heaviness of my guilt and shame on my back.

I grip onto the sheets and sigh heavily into the pillow. Can I at least know your name?

The words fly off into a never ending blackhole. I have no idea if he's ignoring me or if he's listening and still choosing to ignore me. But I have to know. It is killing me.

Please. I whimper. I know I don't deserve your time right now but please. Just your name.

I chew on my lip and stare at the window, my curtains blowing gently from the crack of breeze. My eyes clench together and I grumble out a sigh. This is pointless. He's never going to forgive me and I'm never going to recover from the tightness in my chest, the ache in my heart. This is me–forever.

I'll stop mindlinking if you tell me. I have to know. Ple–

Nate. His voice snaps sharply. My name is Nate.

I sink into the pillows further, a small light brightening inside my chest. Nate. I repeat.

You said you'd stop mindlinking. His smooth voice wobbles.

My lips slip into a frown as I nuzzle my head back into the pillow. I'm Milo.

Nate doesn't respond when I share my name with him, I wasn't expecting him to. Even though the conversation went no better than the last couple of times, this felt different and now I can put a name to a face.