seventeen; nowhere else to go

♥

It's been a few days since Reign's coronation and opening up to Milo about my insecurities. I thought I would feel worse when I told him what's been holding me down since he told me about his past lovers, hook-ups–whatever you want to call them. But if anything, it felt like a weight off my shoulders.

I could feel the bond thrive when Milo promised that I'm the only person he's ever going to want, despite who he's been with in the past. I believed him because the bond told me it was true, I never knew it could possess such power.

It felt beautiful and raw. I wanted to cry–I did cry.

The security blanket that wrapped me up and told me that if I give in and take this chance, it will be the best decision I could possibly make. I spoke about it with my therapist, he knows I'm a lot better with my insecurities than I used to be.

Every time it comes down to the unrealistic expectations my father pushes on me, the way I see myself isn't the way that I hope other people do. But then again, I'm hard on myself apparently and I need to give myself more credit for what I've achieved.

But it's not just my future, it's my looks, my body. All of it.

I've never been with another man and that makes me want to hide in a hole. I barely know what to do with my own body let alone someone else's. The thought makes me shudder of being intimate with someone else, I'd be fucking awful. I already know it.

And Milo. He'd be a pro. Extremely experienced and I'd be embarrassing myself.

Nate. Can you come to Leon's office please?

I groan as I stop halfway through my set of push-ups, sweat trickling down my forehead.

Be there in a minute.

As soon as possible, Nathaniel.

I roll my eyes. I said a minute and that's still not good enough for him. I push myself up from the floor and grab a towel to wipe my face, catching my breath and shaking out my arms that have started cramping.

Was I even counting those sets? God knows how many I did because I ache.

I make my way downstairs and approach Leon's office, even though it's slightly ajar I knock anyway. No doubt my dad will shout at me if I don't.

"Come in," Leon says before coughing.

Inside I wince at his cough because it sounds painful and from the looks of things, his illness is becoming worse by the day and honestly, I'm worried about his health and the future of this pack when he passes.

He's kept it together well but thinking about my father being in charge, it feels like someone has dumped ice cold water all over my body.

When I step inside I'm not expecting to find my father, Leon and his sister's son, Coby sitting around his desk. My father glances at me and offers me a smile. "There you are," he says and points to the chair beside him. "Come sit down."