twenty-eight; possessive

♥

I haven't been able to think straight for days. Not when I have the imprint of Nate's lips on mine. I have never felt anything so magical, so powerful. It was like having my first kiss for the very first time again because nothing could ever compare.

All the kisses I've had before practically don't exist when Nate's lips do.

Holy shit. I never knew I could feel so much from one little kiss.

I'm glad I managed to pull away. Not that I would ever take advantage of Nate but I could feel our chemistry as it fizzled through us, the bond begging for us to finally mate after knowing each other for so long. I know he's not ready, he's a virgin who needs sweetening up first, not thrown straight in at the deep end.

The look in his eyes when I pulled away, I barely recognised him when his eyes dilated to the size of dinner plates. Both of us seeing properly for the first time. It's like a new door to my life has opened up and that door is a future with Nate.

It has put things into perspective for me.

My future with him isn't worth destroying or throwing away. Which is why I'm determined more than ever to get better because that kiss has single handedly changed my life–as cliche as that sounds. It's true.

Today I vowed to Everett that I would go out with him as he needs to attend a meeting with another Alpha, Keanu, from our district and as the Beta, he wanted me to come along. If I'm going to change my life around, I might as well continue to step up to my role.

At least it will distract me from Nate's delicious lips. Hell knows I need it.

As we sit in Keanu's office with his Beta, Danika, whilst he discusses a possible threat to our district, I listen in carefully and see how Everett delivers his opinions. I've never really been in this situation before because before I didn't care enough, but things have changed and I want to make more of an effort.

After an hour they come to a conclusion that we need to come together within our district, involving all the packs and to start preparing for a rumoured take over from the North. They want our land and we are not opposed to giving it up, not ever. This is our home and we own our territories.

I feel my wolf become thrilled with the idea of action and defending what is ours. Everett has his harsh thinking face on and I realise that he means business and we need to protect ourselves if things get out of hand.

Keanu lets us go but not before he pulls Everett to the side for a chat. Danika invites me to grab a drink from the kitchen to let them discuss whatever they need. I've seen her out before at committee meetings but I've never really made myself known.

"Don't usually see you at meetings with Keanu," she comments as we reach the kitchen, a few other members of their pack loitering around. "Nice to see you for a change."