fifty-two; love

♥

It feels so good to say those three words. Those three little words that have been sitting on my chest for weeks, if not months. I know that I fell in love with Nate early on, it was impossible not to. He's a dream. The perfect man. The perfect mate.

My mate. He's ours. I feel my wolf purr inside me.

The last few days away from him has given me time to think. My head has been a mess and I didn't want any help, I wanted to push everything away. But I realised, that's something the old Milo would do.

The new Milo would fight for his happiness because he is a changed man since meeting Nate. I owe him a lot. I owe him the world. But right now I can only give him my whole heart because it's his and only his.

His hands wrap around my jaw, one clutches the back of my neck. Our lips widen at the same time as I walk forward, sending him back into his room. I shut his door with my hand and slide them around his waist after.

I shudder at the feel of him. Even being this close to him. It's heavenly.

The kiss is urgent. Physically not being able to get enough of each other.

He tilts my head back and claims my lips. As he should. I feel his tongue extend and I groan when it brushes mine. It's quick and messy but it's us. This entire moment is us.

My body vibrates as he takes control of the kiss and I allow him because his dominance makes me weak at the knees and I've been desperate for a touch for days. I'm the only one to blame here, I'm the one who pushed him away and now I never want him to leave.

But here he is, welcoming me into his warm arms. Waiting for me like he said.

After a few moments of enjoying the taste, the feel and the scent of my mate, Nate pulls away but continues to clutch the back of my head. His eyes search mine as they flutter open to meet each other.

"You love me?" His voice sounds like it's on the verge of breaking.

I nod, glancing down at his lips then his eyes again. "So much. It hurts. It really fucking hurts."

Nate exhales a breath that makes a tiny sound of a whimper. Our noses brush as he closes his eyes, taking this moment to let my words sink into his blood–into our bond. Then when he opens those gorgeous chocolate brown eyes again, he smiles. One of relief. He's so gorgeous and he doesn't even believe it.

"I love you. Fuck. I love you, Milo."

His sentence is nothing but a jumbled mess, my heart soars. Nothing has ever made me feel so much. No words have made me feel everything. Happiness above all.

Then his lips are back on mine and my legs wobble at the sensations that rocket through me. This time it's urgent, more desperate than before. Our heads twist and turn, teeth somehow are involved but I wouldn't change this moment for the world.