fifty-six; mark me

♥

My coronation was perfect. I've never felt this on top of the world in my life. Everyone celebrated, had some drinks and went on well into the night. But as time ticked by, all I could think about was my mate.

I saw him in passing, landing a few possessive kisses on his lips when I could. At times he stood by my side as I talked to members of my pack, my father included. He's been extremely accepting of Milo and I've never felt so relieved.

After thinking he'd banish me for being gay, he seems like a changed man.

He only wants me to be happy and that makes me well up with tears.

As the night winds down, I'm eager to have Milo to myself. I'm half tempted to throw him over my shoulder like I said and claim him like a caveman but I tell myself to calm down.

I spot him from across the room as I walk directly towards him, he's listening to Elin talk about something with Zane and Viola beside him. My arm slips around his waist, his bright smile beaming up at me. "Hey," I say as I kiss his cheek. "I'm ready for bed."

"Already?!" Elin exclaims. "It's your night."

"Yeah," I grunt, squeezing Milo's waist in which he squeals quietly. "I've been waiting all day for this moment, is that alright with you?"

Elin glances down at Milo beside me, finally putting two and two together. "Ahhh," his tone quietens. "Do your thing. Carry on."

A small laugh falls from my lips. "I will. Good night, everyone. Thank you for making it so special. I wouldn't be here without all of you by my side."

Viola hugs me, followed by Elin and Zade. I take Milo's hand and guide him out of the hall and into the main house. "Did you have a good time?" He asks.

"The best," I nod. "Thank you for being here."

His shoulders raise and drop. "I wouldn't be anywhere else, I'll support you until my last breath."

Before we even make it to the stairs, I grip him by the jaw. My hand slides down to his throat slowly as I shove him into the wall. Milo's eyes flare in my direction and I lick my lips, admiring those blue eyes that make me so fucking happy because they're mine.

"I can't wait to get you to myself," I murmur over his lips possessively.

Milo smiles gently. "You do have me to yourself. Forever."

"Too right, baby," I whisper before kissing him.

His eyes flutter shut for a moment, trembling against the wall. "I love it when you call me that."

"Yeah?" I kiss him again, sliding my lips between his.

Milo nods slowly. "Yeah, so much."

I pull away and tug his body towards me before flinging his body over my shoulder, he shrieks which only makes me laugh. "Nate–" his voice becomes stuck in his throat.