forty-six; you can't have him

♥

The fire of pure anger lights me up on the journey home. Fuck. I wanted to smash Apollo's stupid face in.

You see, Milo is a sexual being. He needs stimulation otherwise he'll seek it elsewhere. Clearly, you weren't giving him enough.

That's not true. The things we felt together. I know how he felt about me.

I could see it in his eyes and the bond. He was being honest about his addiction, letting me in and seeing him for who he truly is. I never once made him feel guilty or bad about it, all I wanted to do was help and try to understand.

Who the fuck is Henry? Henry. His name makes my eyeballs blaze with murderous thoughts.

A growl rips from my lips as I enter the front door of my pack house.

Where are you? I shoot down the mindlink to Milo. Where are you? Why are you ignoring me? Did I mean fucking nothing to you? I dare you to tell me what's been going on, tell me to my face that I'm not good enough for you. That I will never be good enough. Don't be a coward now. I want to hear you say it.

My nostrils flare as I storm through the kitchen. I feel two people right behind me but I don't dare glance over my shoulder. My fingers begin to itch and I know that if I don't calm down, I'm going to shred my skin and shift into my new form.

That fucking beast that will find Henry and rip him limb from limb.

"Nate," Elin's voice floats through the kitchen. "What's happened?"

My fists ball at my sides, digging my fingers deep into my palms but it relieves nothing. I want to punch a fucking wall, tear down a building, end Henry's pathetic life.

"Talk to us," Zade encourages.

"Who is Henry?"

My voice is so dark and sinister that I barely recognise it.

"What?"

I whip my head towards them and flick between their concerned expressions. "Who the fuck is Henry?"

Elin glances at Zade and I hate the way he looks at his mate. As if he already knows. It churns my stomach but I keep my inevitable bile down. I'm too angry to show any other emotions right now.

"Henry..." Elin trails off after he meets my gaze again. "He's part of Keanu's pack."

My eye twitches. "You know him?"

Zade nods when Elin doesn't answer. "At parties, yeah. He's always there."

"Did Milo fuck him?"

"I don't think he did the other night," Elin says quickly. "We didn't see him with anyone."

I tighten my fists even more, my hands shake. "Before?"

"Nate–"

"Did Milo fuck him before?" I shout.