forty-one; he's mine

♥

Today is the committee gathering to bless the fallen from the attack on our district. All the Alpha's came together to prepare something to remember friends and family that have sadly left us.

It will be an emotional day but I'm looking forward to spending the day with Nate, seeing his pack and family too. It's an excuse to get dressed up, have a drink and be grateful for the people that are still around us.

I know for a fact that it was a close call on our end.

We could have easily lost Reign, I could have given up and both of us would have been dead. The thought makes me feel lightheaded but we're here, we're okay. Even if Reign is still technically in recovery.

Everett told her that they didn't need to come, he'd stay home with her and allow her to rest. But she refused, as the Luna and said that she had to show her face for all those that they lost and show respect for our pack.

I really admire her strength. Everett still hasn't left her side once and if I'm being honest, I think she's relieved to be leaving the house and interacting with other people. Of course she loves my brother but I could imagine how overbearing he's being because he cares about her so much.

I'm dressed down in a grey suit with a blue tie that matches the colour of my eyes. I can't remember the last time I wore this thing but I have to admit, I look pretty damn good in it. Even I'm impressed. Everyone else in the pack manage to scrub up well too. It's a wholesome experience.

As we congregate at the huge manor hall where we usually meet for committee meetings, it's clear that people here are grieving hard. Greeting others isn't as warm and welcoming as usual, instead it's condolences and sympathy for those we have lost.

It's going to be a difficult night to say the least.

I grab a glass of something fizzy and take a sip, sticking beside Everett and Reign as people come up to them. It's obvious Reign is already tired but she flashes a small smile and acts like nothing is wrong. Everett sees through her mask but she still refuses to go home.

"Angel," Everett says quietly and she peeks her eyes up at him. He lowers his head but I see his lips move. "You want to leave, say the word and we will."

She places a hand on his arm gently. "I'm fine," she breathes. "And as soon as I want to go, I'll let you know."

His eyes flick between hers slowly as he pulls back and nods. "Alright," he says deeply. "But I'm ready to go whenever you are."

"We just got here," she says, glancing around.

"And you are my mate who I care about more."

Reign closes her eyes. "I'll be okay for another few hours, promise. But maybe I should eat something, I'm a little hungry."