forty; stepping up

♥

I've never woken up in Milo's arms before and I'm considering why we've never done it. His arms are wrapped around me as light seeps in through his window and shines brightly on my face. My mate's comforting scent covers me and being in his bed makes my wolf full of joy.

I don't want to pry my eyes open yet because I don't want to lose this moment.

But I feel his lips graze my collarbone, leaving a light kiss. Then to my pulse. I exhale a low groan of satisfaction, a smile worming its way onto my face. Milo clutches me tighter and I snuggle right up against him.

This time Milo leaves an open kiss on my skin. Wet and hot and I shudder. Then unexpectedly, he nips at the sensitive spot and my eyes widen. I brush my hand down the back of his dark hair and adjust my sight.

"What are you doing?" I ask deeply.

Milo removes his face from my neck and peeks up at me with those big blue eyes. I crumble at the sight of him like this. Both of us shirtless, naked at that. Our bodies cling together to clutch onto the warmth of one another.

He offers me a smug smile. "Thinking about where I'm going to mark you."

Oh holy hell. My eyes fall heavy as he returns his head, kissing me all over again.

"That–" I sigh peacefully. "Feels good."

He chuckles against me. "It'll feel even better when I'm plunging my canines into it and claiming you forever."

I shiver again, skin raising in goosebumps. He cups the side of my head and I enjoy the feeling because I know I have to leave soon. My father, Viola and the pack will probably be wondering where I am and I can't run from my problems forever.

Although Milo definitely helped in distracting me.

"You love to tease me," I say deeply, my sleepy voice still evident.

He laughs again and it vibrates my whole body. "True," he whispers and kisses behind my earlobe. "I'm obsessed with you."

My wolf purrs at his words. I'm obsessed with you too.

After a few moments Milo leans up and I wrap my arms around him instead, letting his head fall down onto my shoulder. He tucks himself under my chin and I rotate, my fingers brushing down his back in slow circles.

"How are you feeling today?" He asks.

I nod slowly. "Better," I admit. "But I need to go home at some point and face the problem head on."

Milo hums. "I know. I don't want you to go."

"Me either," I exhale.

We hold each other for another few minutes and I wish we could stay here for the rest of the day but I know I can't. One day. One day when we live together and own a bed together, we can be one.