eleven; physical connection

♥

Fran told me the good news that Reign is finally home. Everett found her yesterday and we've given them the evening and the morning to find their feet again, no doubt Everett has some apologising to do.

I can't even express my relief knowing that she's home safe.

These past few weeks I've been worrying non-stop. Where she was, what she was up to. With her kleptomania, I feared that she would be getting herself into trouble but she's home and I've never felt such a big weight off my shoulders.

It's now well into the afternoon and Fran has told me to give them more time but I can't, I haven't even seen her yet and I just want a cuddle. One little hug to make sure that she's okay, to tell her how amazing I think she is.

My eyes dart to the living room where I know Reign and Everett are watching a movie together, before I know what I'm doing I walk across the hall and towards the door. I think about knocking but I know Everett will tell whoever it is to go away.

Instead I just push the door open and peek my head inside. Reign is pretty much in Everett's lap and I can feel his eyes on me like lasers, growling at interrupting their precious time together. They have all evening together, I just want to see her for a few seconds. That's all.

Reign twists herself in Everett's lap and when our eyes meet each other, I almost buckle at the sight of her. "Reign," I murmur, my eyes lighting up brightly and her own crumbling as she takes me in. I walk towards her and she pushes herself off my brother and meets me in the middle. My arms fling around her petite body and I hug her close. "Oh my God. I am so glad you're home."

"Yeah..." Everett says deeply. Clearly pissed off. But I choose to ignore him. "Thank you so much for interrupting us."

I feel Reign's head as she turns to look over her shoulder at her mate but then I pull back, keeping my hands on her shoulders. My eyes roam over her face and her body, it's obvious that she's lost a little weight but she's been by herself for the last month and now I'm so glad she's back where she belongs.

"I tried to give you guys as much time as possible but I had to see you," I admit and Reign's eyes begin to water. "I missed you."

"I missed you too, Milo," her lips twitch into a delicate smile.

My hand grips her chin gently and then I cup her cheek, before I know it I'm tugging her back into my embrace because I can't believe she's finally home. Her blonde hair tickles my nose but I don't care, in fact I've missed her long and unruly locks.

"I'm so pleased you're okay and safe. Please never leave us like that again," I warn her in a soft tone. She wraps her arms around me tighter and squeezes. "No matter who or what has upset you. I'm always here to talk. Don't put yourself in danger again. It's not worth it. Not when you're so damn amazing."