thirty-six; reunion

♥

I couldn't sleep because of how excited I am to see Milo today.

The mood amongst the pack has been sombre. People have lost their loved ones, others still recovering in the infirmary. I know for a fact Viola has been struggling with her own emotions because she cannot come to terms with what happened.

She found her mate in a situation she wished she didn't. Not that how I met Milo was great either.

But she's been sleeping and keeping herself to herself. I'm worried about her, even if she needs space.

The security around our pack house has intensified and I know Milo won't be able to walk straight into the house and pass our guards like he usually does. Especially when he doesn't smell like he belongs to our pack.

So I suck down a breath and head towards Leon's office. He can overrule whatever he wants and I don't want Milo being turned away or shot down for approaching the house.

I raise my knuckles and brush them across the wooden door. "Come in," Leon's weak voice floats through the air. I press my hand onto the handle and walk inside, grateful that my father isn't anywhere to be seen.

This isn't a conversation I want to have with him yet. I'm not ready to explain myself if he's not happy. It's not about him, it's about what I want and I want Milo. I don't care what anyone else thinks. He's mine and mine only.

Leon's eyes light up as he sees me and I stroll to his desk, shutting the door first. "Nate," he wheezes before coughing. "What do I owe this pleasure?"

"I need to tell you something," I pause by the chair, gripping my fingers onto the back of the plush seat.

He waves a hand at me gesturing for me to sit down but I don't. "Go on."

"I found my mate," I say slowly and Leon's eyes widen with surprise. "And he's the Beta of Everett's pack. I know you've heightened the security around the house but I wish to see him today, after the attack. But I need you to grant him access."

Leon runs a hand over his jaw. "I didn't know you found your mate, Nate. Congratulations."

"Thank you," I exhale. "I didn't say anything because... well I don't think dad would understand."

His brows crease and he leans into the desk, eyes watching me. "You think he wouldn't understand because he's a man?"

I hum. "Yes."

"I'm not going to tell you what to do, Nate, but I think you're wrong. Your father might be hard on you, might not always think logically–who does? But he would always want you to be happy above anything else, if that's a man, woman, single. He won't care. I appreciate you telling me and I'll grant him access." Leon says as he leans for a notepad.