nineteen; reject me

Don't kill me for the title🫣

I wait downstairs in the living room for Nate after changing out of my own damp clothes. I purposely mindlinked the pack to let them know the living room is out of bounds for the next few hours. I'm not going to pass up the fact that he's in my home and wants to spend time with me.

For a few minutes I anticipate him coming down the stairs and into the room, dressed in my clothes and smelling like my scent. I have to close my eyes to control myself over that thought–somewhere deep inside me there is a predatory emotion being set off.

But I keep telling myself they're just clothes. He couldn't sit here in wet soggy bottoms and a t-shirt that makes him cold. It's the least I can do.

I wait patiently for my mate as I scroll through the films on the TV, considering what sort of films he likes. That's the thing, I don't really know much about him. What does he eat for breakfast? What's his favourite colour? God, I sound pathetic.

A few minutes later the door to the living room creaks open and I turn to find Nate emerging and shut the door behind him. He's owning that oversized hoodie which is far too big for me but he looks delicious in it. What is it with baggy clothes and tall men? It makes me fucking feral.

"Come sit," I say, budging up, even though there is plenty of room on the sofa.

Nate nods and sits beside me, his eyes a little saddened from ten minutes ago. I shake it off because maybe I'm reading into things, he's probably upset from his conversation with his dad and I don't want to bring it up if it's going to upset him again.

I want him to come to me about it.

"What do you want to watch?" I ask, flicking through the endless movies.

He clears his throat and draws his eyes to the screen after a few moments but he shakes his head. "I don't mind, whatever you want."

"What genre is your favourite?"

Those brown eyes locate mine and his skin flushes. "Don't judge me," he says and I hold up my hands in defence.

"I'd never judge," I cross my heart.

"Alright," he huffs. "I love a good heartfelt drama."

My eyes widen. I wasn't expecting that. "A drama?"

"Yeah, I like historical ones, just something with a really good storyline. Not necessarily romance or action, something that really makes you feel entertained by normal everyday life but it's done in a way that makes you second guess yourself." He explains and I'm blown away by his description.

"Sure," I nod. "Like realism?"

Nate hums again. "Yeah, I guess so but sometimes I like an element of fantasy or something."