thirty-nine; distract me

♥

Reign woke up from her induced coma. Slightly confused and dazed but we were all by her side making sure that she has everything that she could possibly need. Everett won't let her out of his sight. His hand is always on a part of her body–presumably making sure that she's really here.

It's obvious she's still in recovery. She wanted to get out of that bed in the infirmary instantly but Everett said she should listen to the doctors.

She cried and said that she wanted their bed. She wanted to be with him.

Somehow she got her way because Everett can't seem to say no to her. Not when tears were streaming down her cheeks, broken eyes pleading for them to be close. He cracked instantly and cradled her face with a light kiss.

It's been a few days since she woke up but she's still obviously weak and in need of some rest. I sit around the kitchen counter, Everett is beside Reign making sure she eats the food that he made for her.

He would do anything he can to make sure that she's okay.

Their love is unbreakable.

"You're not eating?" Reign asks as she flicks her eyes to my plate.

I glance down and nod. "Yeah," I offer her a smile.

Reign rolls her eyes softly. "You two really don't need to be watching me like a hawk, I'm fine. Honestly, you don't need to worry about me."

"My job is to worry about you, angel," Everett murmurs before leaning over and kissing the top of her head. Her eyes flutter shut and my smile remains as I watch them. It makes me miss Nate.

She breathes out slowly and I pick up my fork to eat. "This looks delicious, Ev." I comment.

"You're lucky I made enough for you," he says with a small smile.

I flip him off playfully and shovel the creamy pasta into my mouth. When Everett thinks Reign has eaten enough, he begins to eat himself. So protective.

"So I was thinking of going for a walk today." She says as she wipes her mouth with a napkin.

Everett turns to her suddenly. "The doctor said–"

She groans and slams her hand to her forehead. "I don't care what the doctor said, Ev. I just want some fresh air. To stretch my legs. Is that such a crime?"

He studies her for a few moments. "I guess not."

"I'm not asking for your permission, Everett."

"I know," he says quietly. "I just don't want you overdoing it."

Reign leans over to cup his hand. "I'll be okay, I'll be with you."

He flicks his eyes over her face and presses a kiss to her forehead. "You're right, you will."