Tᴀᴛᴛᴏᴏ

______________________________________

Ariane and Luisa Martinez were two sisters who had moved from Beacon Hills a couple of years ago. After their parents died, Ariane thought it would be best for her to get her little sister away. For them to try and start a new life somewhere else. They were sort of successful in doing so, so why were they on their way back into Beacon Hills ?

The answer was simple. Luisa hated the town she had spent some of her life in and wanted to come back to Beacon Hills. In all honesty, she'd been asking about it for years, but Ariane immediately shut her down. She didn't even know how she had finally convinced her older sister to go back, but here they were, in their car, road mostly empty as they made it to town.

"How much longer until we get there ?" Luisa sighs

"Not that long, Luisa." The girl sighs dramatically. "You do realize that you're 16 years old right ? You're the one that wanted to come back here, anyway."

"I didn't think it would take this long to get there."

Ariane turns to her, "It hasn't even been that long you're just dramatic."

Luisa rolls her eyes before looking back out the window. Her eyes then widen as she gasps, "Look out !"

Ariane slams on the breaks and sends both girls forward as the car comes to a complete stop. They watch as a deer runs across the road frantically. Both girls breathing heavily and hearts pounding as they sit there.

"You see why I didn't wanna come back here ?"

______________________________________

The next day, Ariane drove Luisa to school. Very hesitantly, but Luisa begged her so she did.

Ariane comes stops in front of the school. She sighs as Luisa grabs her backpack.

"Are you sure you wanna be here ?" Ariane says. Luisa looks over, "We can always figure something else out."

Luisa sighs, "I'm gonna be fine, Ariane. I promise."

"You can't promise that."

"Well, I am." Luisa shrugs. She opens the door and steps out. Before she closes the door, she bends down into the car. "I'll be fine. I'll call you as soon as I'm out."

She closes the door, but Ariane rolls the window down. "I'll already be here." She yells

"Even better." Luisa smiles with a thumbs up as she steps onto the curb. Ariane rolls her eyes playfully before she drives off. Luisa smiles before she walks up the steps into the school.

Not long after, Luisa sits in the front office as she waits for her schedule. Scott and Stiles hurry past as they try to get away from the principal's office. Stiles stops abruptly causing Scott to turn to him.

"What ?"

Stiles walks backwards and looks into the office. His eyes widen as he sees Luisa standing there with her schedule finally in her hand.

"Holy shit, Luisa's back." He says

Scott rushes to Stiles' side and looks into the office. "Oh my god." He mutters

Luisa looks up as she walks out of the office. She smiles wide as she steps out. "Hi."

"Hey." Scott chuckles as Stiles stands there still in shock

"Wow, you guys look different." She says. She turns to Stiles who still stays silent. "Stiles Stilinski being silent is new."

Scott taps him and Stiles looks up quickly. He turns back to Luisa. "Oh, sorry. Hi." Luisa chuckles as Scott smiles. "Just can't believe you're back."

"I know. I really didn't think I'd ever be back here."

"What's your schedule ?" Scott says before going to stand beside her. Stiles stands on the other side.

"Um, seems like I have English first. Oh god, that's gonna be horrible." She mumbles

"Well, we can walk you." Scott nods

Luisa sighs in relief, "Thank god."

Scott laughs as they all start to walk together. "So, how have you been ?"

"I've been okay. Not much has really happened ."

"Do you still draw ?" Stiles asks

"Yeah. It's the only way I don't lose my mind." She chuckles

"Oh, what about Ariane ? She's still with you right ?" Scott says as he looks at her

"Oh, yeah." She nods, "We haven't been apart since we left. You don't understand how hard it was to convince her to come back here."

"How come ?" Stiles asks

"Well, after what happened with my parents, she was just scared to come back."

"Oh, you don't have to talk about it." Scott says

"No worries. It's not that hard to talk about anymore."

"Um, if you don't mind me asking, the police really never solved the case ?" Stiles frowns

"Nope. Just went with animal attack." She says as they make it to class. The boys eyes widen as they stop in front of the door. "Ariane didn't believe it."

"Do you ?" Stiles asks

"Do I think it was an animal attack ? Yes. Do I think it was just a regular mountain lion or something ? Not really, but they're already gone and there's no way the case is gonna be reopened so." She shrugs before she walks into class.

Stiles looks to Scott with wide eyes. Both having a silent conversation before they walk in. Stiles sits in front of Luisa and Scott to the right of them. Other students walk in before the class starts. Luisa sees a girl with long reddish hair sit to their left. She looks over as Scott looks around. A girl with short brown hair stands at the desk in front of him.

"Is someone... ?" She asks

"No, no, no, no." Scott shakes his head. "No, it's all you, all yours. Uh, it's totally vacant." He rambles. She smiles before she sits down. Luisa taps Stiles on the shoulder and the boy turns. She furrows her brows and points to Scott and the girl.

"I'll tell you later." He whispers. Luisa nods as everyone's phones vibrate. Luisa pulls hers out and sees a huge paragraph from an unknown number.

"The offing was barred by a black bank of clouds and the tranquil waterway, leading to the uttermost ends of the earth flowed somber under an overcast sky, seemed to lead into the heart of an immense darkness." The teacher says as she walks in. Luisa looks up towards her.

"This is the last line to the first book we are going to read. It is also the last text you will receive in this class. Phones off, everyone." She says as she walks behind her desk.

Luisa knew Ariane would probably freak out if she didn't text back, but she definitely didn't want to get in trouble on the first day, so she turned off her phone.

______________________________________