Tʜᴇ Oᴠᴇʀʟᴏᴏᴋᴇᴅ

______________________________________

When Ariane got a text from Luisa saying how there was an emergency and to meet her at an address, she drove over with no hesitation. When she got there, she thought Luisa was going to be in trouble and luckily she wasn't.

Stiles explained all that had happened and what they needed to do. She would've told them they had to figure it out themselves and to leave them out of it, but she knew Luisa wanted to help Stiles find his dad, so she stayed.

She hadn't realized they would be going into Derek's loft. Safe to say, when Scott and Stiles were explaining everything to Derek, it was fairly awkward for Ariane. She tried avoiding Derek's eyes, but it seemed like he couldn't care less about her catching him.

Now, she, Luisa, Scott, and Stiles hid in the loft. They heard Jennifer come in and try to play victim to Derek who played into her facade. As they kissed though, Jennifer could tell something was off.

"They're already here, aren't they ?" She says. Derek looks past her as the four walk out. "So... they told you it was me ? That I'm the one taking people ?"

"We told him you're the one killing people." Scott says

"Oh, that's right. Committing human sacrifices ? What, cutting their throats ? Yeah, I probably do it on my lunch hour. That way, I can get back to teaching high school English the rest of the day. That makes perfect sense." Jennifer chuckles

"Where's my dad ?" Stiles says as tears brim his eyes.

"How should I know ? Derek, tell me you don't believe this."

Derek looks over to them again before he looks down at Jennifer, "Do you know what happened to Stiles's father ?"

"No." Jennifer says

"Ask her why she almost killed Lydia." Luisa says

"Lydia Martin ? I don't know anything about that."

"What do you know ?" Derek snaps

"I know that these kids, for whatever misguided reason, are filling your head with an absurd story. And one they can't prove, by the way."

"What if we can ?" Scott says as he holds up a jar

"What is that ?"

"My boss told me it's a poison and a cure... which means you can use it... and it can be used against you." He says stepping closer

"Mistletoe ?"

Scott opens the jar and tosses the Mistletoe toward Jennifer. They watch as Jennifer has no choice but to show her true form. She groans as she transforms back into her human form.

Derek's eyes go wide before Jennifer tries to run off. He catches her before she can and starts to choke her.

"Derek, wait, wait ! You need me."

"What are you ?" He says as he flicks his claws out of his other hand.

"The only person who can save your sister. Call Peter. Call him !"

Derek calls Peter and what Jennifer says is true. Cora wasn't getting better and was throwing up Mistletoe. He hangs up and his grip tightens.

"Derek. Derek, what are you doing ?" Scott says

"Her life," She gasps, "it's in my hands !"

Derek ignores her as he starts to lift her off of her feet.

"Stop. Derek, stop !" Stiles yells

"Stilinski, you'll never find him."

"Derek !" Scott tries

Luisa looks over to Stiles as Ariane watches Derek. Derek's grip tightens slightly before he drops her.

Jennifer breathes heavily before she looks up, "That's right. You need me. All of you."

______________________________________

They were now on their way to the hospital with Derek and Jennifer in one car, Scott and Stiles in the jeep, and Ariane and Luisa in their car.

"I'm sorry I got you involved in all of this. I know the whole thing with Derek-"

"No, don't worry about that. I'm glad you called me rather than just going off." Ariane nods, "But Luisa."

Her sister turns to her as she tries to keep her eyes on the road. "If we do this, if we help them, we're involved."

"I know." Luisa nods

"We can't back out after this."

Luisa looks over as Ariane looks forward, "Okay."

Ariane quickly glances at Luisa, "Okay."

As they pull in, the two rush into the hospital seeing as it was pouring rain. Scott and Stiles weren't too far behind them. Stiles keeping his baseball bat with him.

"Scott ! Scott !" Melissa, Scott's mom, calls out, "What are you doing here ? The hospital's evacuating."

"We're here for Cora."

"What, all of you ? Why does Stiles have my bat ?"

"Mom, just trust me on this. You need to get out of here. Right now."

"The building is supposed to be clear in 30 minutes. We've got two ambulances that are coming back. One's 10 minutes out, the other's 20. Cora needs to be on one of those. They'll be picking up in the basement garage."

"Got it." Scott nods before they make their way to the elevator.

The elevator is silent. Derek keeping his grip on Jennifer's arm as they stand near the door. Scott and Ariane on one side and Stiles standing with Luisa on the other.

"You don't have to keep me on a leash, Derek. I'm going to help." Jennifer tries, but gets no response.

The door opens and as they walk down the hall, the lights flicker. They come up to the room where Cora was supposed to be, but the room was empty. Only a puddle of black liquid and Mistletoe that trailed down the hall. Ariana becomes hyperaware of the gun in her waistband.

"Derek." Scott says

They then hear grunting before the door bursts open and Peter slides toward them.

"We got a problem. Big problem." Peter groans. They look down the hall as the twins, in the Alpha form, roar at them.

"Oh god." Luisa says as Ariana reaches for her gun.

______________________________________