Sɪʟᴠᴇʀғɪɴɢᴇʀ (3)

______________________________________

"Let me help you out here. This kind of thing usually begins with something along the lines of, "It's not what you think." Or, "I can explain."" Rafael says

Luisa and Scott look out the window still seeing the sun out. Scott sighs, "Dad, let me help you out. You need to leave."

"I will. With a satisfactory explanation."

"Go get a warrant."

"I don't need a warrant. I'm your father." Rafael snaps

"No, you're a gene donor. I got my hair color from you. And that's all I got. So you're not allowed to play tough dad with me." Scott says as the door opens

"Hey, what's going on ?" Melissa says

"Maybe one of you should explain." Rafael says

Luisa looks toward the window as the room gets darker, "Scott."

Rafael looks past them, "Who the hell is this ?"

Luisa and Scott look into the living room to see one of the masked men standing there.

"Dad, no ! Dad, wait." Scott tries as Rafael enter the living room. Luisa jumps as the man stabs him in the shoulder. Kira screaming as Rafael falls to the ground.

"Dad." Scott calls as Melissa falls to the ground next to him. They all look over as the door flies open. Melissa drags Rafael to the side as Derek runs in. He growls as Scott shifts and growls at the masked men. He swings his sword at them which they both dodge. "Mom, the ash !"

Luisa turns and immediately pushes Kira behind her. Kira's eyes widen as two more masked men appear behind him. They turn as someone flies through the window. The twins land on the table before lunging at the men. Luisa and Kira hide behind the island. The door swings open and Luisa recognizes Anna. She pulls a man off of Aiden and tosses him out the door.

Scott tosses a man out the window before turning to Melissa, "Mom, now ! Do it now !"

Derek pushes a man out the front door before Melissa throws the jar of mountain ash at the doorway. The men stand up at stare down at the line by each of the doorways.

Kira and Luisa stand up from behind the island. Kira walks closer to the door as Anna walks over to Luisa.

"Are you okay ?" She asks frantically

"Yeah, I'm fine." Luisa nods as Anna looks her over. Anna nods hesitantly before turning her attention toward Kira.

The girl puts her hand out to the door, but pulls back as she gets shocked. The twins eye her as she backs away.

______________________________________

"Nothing. At least no man-made weapon. The oni are a force of nature. You don't fight a tsunami. You endure it. And you hope that you're not destroyed in its path." Katashi explains