Tᴀᴛᴛᴏᴏ (2)

______________________________________

Ariane had finished bringing the last of everything into the apartment. The apartment was actually pretty nice. Ariane had been saving money over the years because of Luisa constantly asking to come back to Beacon Hills. She knew she'd eventually come back here, not by her choice, but she knew she'd be back.

As she steps out of the elevator, she almost runs into someone.

"Oh, excuse me." She says

"Sorry." They say. Ariane walks past them towards her apartment.

"Ariane ?"

The girl frowns instantly as she turns. She comes face to face with Chris Argent.

"Argent."

"You're back in town ? When did you get back ?"

"We got back yesterday." She says

"You and Luisa ?" She nods as she looks away.

"Ariane-"

"I have to unpack." She says, "I'll see you around." She turns away and gets back to her apartment.

______________________________________

Scott left class a couple of minutes. Luisa had no idea why, but she knew she envied him. She felt like class was dragging on and she didn't know how much longer she could try to pretend like she knew what she was doing.

"Hey, Lydia." Stiles whispers. Luisa looks up as the girl with long reddish hair turns to him. "What is that ? Is that from the accident ?"

Luisa looks down to where he's pointing and sees Lydia's ankle occupied by a huge band-aid.

"No. Prada bit me." She says turning back to her work.

"Your dog ?"

"No, my designer handbag." She says sarcastically. Luisa chuckles softly. "Yes, my dog."

Silence isn't long lasting as Stiles starts with more questions. "Has it ever bitten you before ?"

"Mm-mm."

"Okay. What if it's, like, the same thing as the deer ? You know, like, how animals start acting weird right before an earthquake or something ?"

"Meaning what ? There's gonna be an earthquake ?"

"Or something. I just..." He sighs, "maybe it means something's coming. Something bad."

"It was a deer and a dog." Lydia nods, "What's that thing you say about threes ? Once, twice..."

Everyone in class jumps as a bird flies at the window. Luisa puts her pen down and furrows her brows as she stares at the window. Blood splattered from where the bird hit.