Gᴀʟᴠᴀɴɪᴢᴇ (3)

______________________________________

Luisa and Anna couldn't exactly understand why Stiles needed them at the school. School was usually somewhere teenagers didn't want to be. He leads them into the chemistry lab.

"So what are we looking for ?" Lydia says as Stiles opens the storage closet, "That was supposed to be locked."

"Yeah. I know. Notice anything else ?"

"It smells like chemicals." Anna says scrunching her nose

"You wouldn't have been able to catch his scent." Luisa says as Stiles shines his light on the different chemicals. He turns as he notices staples and blood on the floor.

"He was here, performing very minor surgery on himself." He says looking up to Lydia, "You were right."

"Then why don't I feel good about this ?"

"Probably because he was here to kill somebody." Anna sighs

"But who ?"

"That's what we gotta figure out." He says standing up and walking past them to enter the classroom. "We could spread out, start looking for... Anything."

"Is spreading out a good idea ? You know, considering they haven't caught the guy yet ?" Luisa says as Lydia approaches the board.

"Lydia, what are those ?" Stiles says

"Atomic numbers." She mumbles. Luisa and Anna walk up beside her.

"Is it a formula ?" Luisa asks

"Not really. 19's potassium. 53's iodine. 88's radium. The first two make potassium iodide..." She trails off. She then picks up a piece of chalk and writes a K by the 19.

"Potassium is K ?" Stiles says

"From kalium, the scientific neo-Latin name." Lydia explains before writing an I by the 53..

"What's radium ?"

Lydia slowly draws two letters by the 88. "R-A."

"Kira." Luisa says

______________________________________

The teens quickly made their way to the Kira's house. They knew Scott was going there for dinner and were worried something would happen. As they pull up, they see someone laying out in the street. They rush out of the cars and as they approach, they realize it's Scott.

"Scott ! Scott ? Scott !" Stiles says trying to wake him up. He gasps awake quickly sitting up.

"Barrow, he took Kira !"

"We know. He was after her the whole time."

Scott jumps up and calls Isaac hoping to get any information from them. He comes up short with Isaac only getting the information they already knew.

"We have to think of something. He's going to kill her." Luisa says

"I knew he was there. How did I know that ?" Lydia breathes

"Because you heard the flies, right ?" Stiles says

"What do you hear now ?" Scott asks frantically

"Nothing. I feel like I can do this. But I don't know what to do. It's like it's on the tip of my tongue, and I don't know how to trigger it. I just..." She says walking away, "I swear to God, it literally makes me want to scream."

"Okay, then scream. Lydia, scream." Stiles says

Luisa and Stiles quickly cover their ears as a high pitched scream comes from Lydia. Scott's eyes were screwed shut as Anna groans. A few seconds later, it goes quiet. Luisa and Stiles uncovering their ears as Anna huffs. Her hand coming up to make sure her ears weren't bleeding.

"It's not flies." Lydia says. Luisa, Scott, and Stiles jump as she turns to them, "It's electricity."

"Wait a second, Barrow was an electrical engineer. He worked at a power substation."

"What substation ?" Scott says

______________________________________

"I'm gonna go in with Scott. Just stay here." Anna says as she shuts the car off.

"What do you mean ? I can help." Luisa says as Anna opens her door.

Anna leans back in, "Because if this guy is as crazy as everyone says, anything can happen."

"Wait-" Luisa starts, but Anna shuts the door. She watches as she runs in with Scott and Stiles wasn't too far behind him. Luisa sighs as she gets out. She approaches the jeep noticing Lydia hadn't got out. "He made you stay, too ?"

"Yup." Lydia nods

Anna and Scott run down the hall before skidding to a stop. When they quickly turn the corner, they see Kira sitting there.

"Scott ! No ! Look out !" Kira yells. The two wolves turn and are throw back by Barrow hitting them with a power cord. Anna and Scott hitting a gate before falling to the ground. Anna groans as Scott turns over. His eyes widening as Barrow walks up to Kira.

"Don't... She's not- She's not the one you want." He says. Barrow turns to him, but quickly turns back to Kira. He bends down to the girl and holds the wire out. Kira turns her head as the electricity cackles in front of her, "No. Don't. Stop ! No !"

Scott and Anna turn away as he touches Kira with the wire. The other units exploding as Barrow's sent flying back. As they look up, Anna's brows furrow.

Kira stood there with her jaw slack as she absorbed all of the electricity from the substation. Scott sitting up as Kira stared back at him. Luisa and Lydia look around as the lights around the substation shut off. Luisa looking toward the substation in worry.

______________________________________