Mᴏᴛᴇʟ Cᴀʟɪғᴏʀɴɪᴀ (3)

______________________________________

After snapping Boyd and Isaac out of their trance, the four teens were now on the hunt for Scott. They rush down to get downstairs.

"I can't find Scott anywhere." Allison says

"It's happening to him too, isn't it ?" Luisa says

"It has to be. Didn't you say there was another flare on the bus ?" Lydia says to Stiles as they reach the last step

"Yeah. I'll get it." He says as he turns toward the parking lot. They all stop as they see Scott with his back to them holding the last flare.

"Scott." Allison says. They slowly circle him to see his face. "Scott."

Luisa looks down and notices the empty container of gasoline. She realizes thats what's Scott was covered in.

"There's no hope." He says

"What do you mean, Scott ? There's always hope."

"Not for me. Not for Derek."

"Derek wasn't your fault." Allison says as tears fill her eyes, "You know Derek wasn't your fault."

"Every time I try to fight back, it just gets worse. People keep getting hurt. People keep getting killed."

"Scott, listen to me, okay ? This isn't you, all right ? This is someone inside your head telling you to do this. Okay ?" Stiles says approaching him slowly, "Now-"

"What if it isn't ? What if it is just me ? What if doing this is actually the best thing that I could do for everyone else ?"

"It all started that night, the night I got bitten. You remember the way it was before that ?" He says to Stiles, "You and me, we were... we were... we were nothing. We weren't popular. We weren't good at lacrosse. We weren't important. We were no one. Maybe I should just be no one again."

He finally looks up at Stiles as he holds the flare out. "No one at all."

"Scott, just listen to me, okay ?" Stiles says getting closer, "You're not no one. Okay ? You're someone, you're... Scott, you're my best friend. Okay ? And I need you."

Stiles sighs as tears fill his eyes, "Scott, you're my brother."

"All right, so," Stiles steps into the gasoline with Scott. "so if you're gonna do this, then..."

He grabs onto the flare, "I think you're just gonna have to take me with you then." He says. Luisa lets out a shaky breath as her own tears start to fall.

Stiles is able to take the flare out of Scott's hand. He tosses it away from them. Scott lets out a breath as he stares back at Stiles. Luisa walking up as he looks down.

"No !" Lydia yells. She runs over and pushes Stiles who takes Scott with him. Allison and Luisa running and falling beside them as the flare causes a huge fire.

Luisa breathing heavily as she keeps her hands over her head. She misses how Lydia sees a figure in the fire.

______________________________________

After everything that had happened, the teens refused to sleep in the motel rooms. So, they grabbed all of their stuff and slept on the bus.

Boyd and Isaac laid in their own seats in the very back, Allison and Lydia sat in a seat together. Luisa and Stiles shared a seat with Stiles sitting on the outside and Scott sat in a seat in front of them.

Luisa groans as she hears the door open and stomping as Coach gets on the bus.

"I don't want to know. I really don't want to know, but in case you missed the announcement, the meet's cancelled, so we're heading home." He says "Pack it in. Pack it in !"

The other students start to file onto the bus. Stiles and Luisa sit up as Ethan sits by Scott.

"I don't know what happened last night, but I'm pretty sure you saved my life." He says to Scott.

"Actually, I saved your life, but not that it matters that much. It's just minor detail." Stiles says as Ethan sighs.

"So I'm gonna give you something. We're pretty sure Derek's still alive." He says. Scott's eyes go wide, "But he killed one of ours. That means one of two things can happen. Either he joins our pack..."

"and kills his own." Scott says

"Or Kali goes after him, and we kill him. That's the way it works."

"You know, your little code of ethics there is sort of barbaric, just F.Y.I." Stiles says as Ethan gets up and walks to the back of the bus. Stiles gets in the seat by Scott as Luisa rubs her eyes.

"Hey, Ethan, I wanted to.." Coach starts

"Coach, can I see your whistle for a second ?" Lydia says as he passes. She takes the whistle from around his neck, "What's that ?"

"Hey, Eth- I'm gonna need that back. Ethan." He says before he continues walking.

Luisa scoots over to the aisle as Lydia blows the whistle into her hand. She looks up as she turns her hand over and shows a purple powder.

"Wolfsbane." She says

"So every time the coach blew the whistle on the bus, Scott, Isaac, Boyd..." Stiles starts

"and Ethan."

"We all inhaled it." Scott says

"You were all poisoned by it." Allison says

"So that's how the Darach got in your heads. That's how he did it." Stiles says looking at the whistle. He snatches the whistle from Lydia and leans over Scott to throw it out of the window as the bus takes off.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey ! Stilinski !"

______________________________________

I'll be at the school as soon as you get back. Lmk if anything happens.

Luisa shuts her phone off after reading the text from Ariane. She looks over as someone plops down beside her.

She smiles, "Hey, Stiles."

"Hey," He says, "Are you okay ? I know that was probably a lot at once."

"Oh, yeah it was." She chuckles before she shrugs, "But I'll live."

He nods as he scans her face. Her smile softens as he looks at her.

"What ? Are my bangs messed up ?" She says as she reaches up and tries to fix them.

"No, no." He shakes his head, "Just glad to have you back." He says softly

Luisa nods as her smile brightens. "Glad to be back."

Stiles chuckles as she looks out the window. His eyes never leaving her side profile.

______________________________________