Mᴏʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Tʜᴀɴ Gᴏᴏᴅ

______________________________________

Stiles and Luisa had run off in search of Scott. Stiles held the light as the two ran together. They had been running for a few minutes and hadn't had much luck in finding their friend. As they round a tree, the two scream when someone comes to a stop in front of them. The other person screaming as well. When they finally stop, they notice it's Scott.

"Oh my god." Luisa says holding a hand to her chest.

"I think we found something." Stiles says

"So did I." Scott nods

Scott follows behind Luisa and Stiles as they walk through the woods. Stiles shining the light as they climb up hills. Scott looks back every few seconds before they stop. Stiles leads them into what seemed like a cave.

"It's a coyote den." He says

"Werecoyote." Scott says as Stiles bends down to pick up a jacket. Scott squats next to him.

"You see this ? This is Malia's. Remember, it's the same one she was wearing in the photo." Stiles says as Scott reaches for an old teddy bear

"We shouldn't be in here." Luisa speaks up as she looks around. Stiles turns to her.

"What do you mean ?"

"She's not going to come back now. We just invaded her home."

Scott sighs, "Our scent's going to be everywhere."

"If she's not going to come back here, where's she going to go ?" Stiles says looking between them

"I don't know."

"Can you track her now ? You think you got her scent ?"

"Maybe. But I'm better at this when I'm a full wolf. And I'm still worried that if I do it, I won't be able to turn back."

Luisa looks at him sympathetically as he turns to her. Stiles sighs, "The door's still open."

"If I can't get to Derek, we're gonna have to find someone else to help." Scott says shaking his head

Luisa's eyes widen, "This is basically a crime scene, right ? I think it might be a little out of Scott's boss's league."

"And more in my dad's." Stiles says as Luisa nods

_______________________________________

Stiles had called his dad and they had shown up a few minutes ago. Luisa's arms were crossed over her chest as she stood with the two boys. They all perk up as Stilinski walks toward them.

"You're sure it was her ?" He says lowly

"I looked her right in the eyes. And they glowed just like mine." Scott says

"It makes sense, Dad."

"But it wasn't a girl. It was a four-legged coyote, right ?" Stilinski says

"Well, okay. But yeah, see, that's the point that we don't exactly have figured out yet."

"Okay, but if it was a full moon and she did change while her mom was driving, then anything could've happened." Luisa shrugs

"Horrible things could've happened. Ripping, shredding, tearing things." Stiles adds

"Which is probably what caused the accident."

"Think about it, Dad, all right. They're driving, Malia starts to change, she goes out of control, the mom crashes and everybody dies."

"Except for Malia." Luisa points

"She blames herself, all right, goes off running into the woods and eventually becomes trapped inside the body of a coyote."

"That makes sense." Stilinski nods as the teens sigh in relief. "In a Chinese folktale." Their faces instantly drop, "Guys, this is this is insane. I need this kept quiet. The three of you, not a word. I don't want anyone hearing about this. I especially don't want Mr. Tate hearing about this."

Luisa sighs as she looks toward Scott. The boy looking behind them. She turns and frowns as she notices he just looking into the woods.

"Scott ? Scott !" Stilinski says causing the boy to jump as he turns to them.

"Sorry. What did you say ?"

Sheriff looks past them as another car pulls up, "Oh, hell."

The teens turn as a man and Scott's dad get out of the car. Scott immediately turning away as they walk up.

"Mr. Tate." Stilinski nods. The man reaches for the blanket in his hand.

"Mr. Tate ?" Agent McCall says

"It's hers." Mr. Tate says.

"All right, wait here."

"Dad." Scott tries

"I'll talk to you in a minute. I wouldn't mind hearing how your mom's okay with you running around in the woods this late." He says before walking off. Luisa blinks rapidly as she frowns.

She turns to Scott as he huffs looking down. If she could remember correctly, his dad hadn't been around that much.

"How can he-" She starts

"Don't." Stiles sighs

_______________________________________

The next day, Stiles, Scott, Allison, and Luisa were standing in the back of class. They were explaining to Allison what they found yesterday.

"Here's where we found the den. It's right in the middle of the hiking trails." Stiles says showing her his phone.

"Well, that could narrow it down. Coyotes travel in fixed trails. But I think you're right about her not going back to the den. Coyotes don't like wolves. And they're really smart. If they don't want to be heard, they actually walk on their toes."

Luisa's brows raise, "Coyotes tip-toe ?"

"They tip-toe." Allison nods. Luisa nods to herself as the bell rings.

"I got to go, but send me the pinned location." Allison says

"Okay." Stiles says as she walks off

"I'll see you guys." Luisa says earning a smile
from the boys as she follows after Allison.

_______________________________________

The bell rings dismissing the students. As Luisa makes her way down the hall, she hears rapid footsteps.

"Excuse me !" Someone says

Luisa turns and comes face to face with Kira. She smiles as the girl stops in front of her.

"Hi." Luisa smiles

"Hi." Kira smiles. She then holds up two bags, "Um, Scott and Stiles rushed out earlier and left their bags. I just wanted to give it back to them."

Luisa frowns, "Rushed out ?"

"Yeah. I'm not sure what happened, but..."

"No, yeah, um." Luisa nods, "I can get it to them."

As Luisa takes Scott's bag from Kira, the girl speaks up, "I can help."

Luisa looks up with raised brows, "Are you sure ?"

"Of course." Kira smiles

Luisa's smile widens, "Yeah, thanks."

Kira sighs happily as the two start to make their way around the corner.

_______________________________________