Vɪsɪᴏɴᴀʀʏ (2)

______________________________________

As Peter told the story of Paige and Derek meeting and Ariane and Derek's friendship dwindling, Luisa was becoming confused.

How did Ariane hide this entire part of her life from her ?

And how in the hell did she have no recollection of Derek being around Ariane ?

"Okay, so if Derek was a sophomore back then, how old was he ?" Stiles says pulling Luisa out of her thoughts, "How old were you ? How old are you now ?"

"Not as young as we could have been, but not as old as you might think." Peter says

"Okay, that was frustratingly vague." He says turning to Cora, "How old are you ?"

"I'm 17."

"See, that's an answer. That's how we answer people."

"Well, 17 how you'd measure in years."

"All right, I'm just gonna drop it."

"So, if Ariane and Derek never became friends again, what happened to Derek and the cello girl ?" Luisa asks

"What do you think happened ? They were teenagers. One minute, it's, "I hate you, don't talk to me." The next, it's frantic groping in any dark corner they could manage to find themselves alone for five minutes. Their favorite dark corner was an abandoned distillery outside of Beacon Hills."

"All right, hold up. How do you know all this ? You just said that they were alone." Stiles says

"Back then, I wasn't just Derek's Uncle. I was his best friend, his closest confidante. That's how I know."

______________________________________

As Peter explained the love story between Derek and Paige, the rain started to come down harder. He also explained how what he knew about the Alpha pack back then. How they were angry at the Argent hunters for killing one of their own. How they planned on getting revenge. He then traced the Alpha pack symbol in the fog on the window.

"Our mark for vendetta."

"Man, you guys really take that revenge thing to, like, a whole new level, don't you ?" Stiles says

"It's not just revenge." Cora says shaking her head, "Losing a member of your pack isn't like losing family. It's like you lose a limb."

"They wouldn't even let him see the body." Peter says

"I don't get it." Luisa sighs, "What does this have to do with Derek ?"

"Everything. It's never just a single moment. It's a confluence of events. Personally, I looked at Ennis' circumstances, I saw a profound loss. Derek saw something different. He saw opportunity."

"Opportunity ? To do what ?"

"To always be with her." Peter says, "The thing was, he had this constant fear. He was obsessing over it, thinking about it all night, all day, always on his mind."