Chapter: 90

L'a pov

Laniyah and I were just at my moms house chilling. I have Laniyah for the week and my mom and sisters wanted to see her. So I just decided to bring her over.

"Leonard!"

My mom yelled snapping me out of my daze.

"What's going on with you? You've been distracted lately."

I sighed. Laniyah has been coming to me with random bruises on her body lately. I don't even understand how and apparently Niyah doesn't know.

"I don't know what's going on. Every time I've had Laniyah she's been coming with bruises. Some how Niyah doesn't know either."

Laniyah was in my arms as I fed her her bottle. I looked down at her and she locked eyes with me. Words couldn't even explain how much I love this little girl. I'll really go to jail for her.

"Well that makes no sense. Niyah wouldn't do anything to her but something is definitely going on."

Mom replied looking at Laniyah as well.

"Ion know. The way Niyah hates me."

I stated shrugging looking back up at my mom.

"Ok come on Leonard. She loves her and I doubt that she'd do anything to hurt her child. Plus that girl is obsessed with you."

"I hope she wouldn't but I'm not sending Laniyah back there."

"That's understandable. How are you and Nika doing?"

"Good I guess."

"Boy why you lying? If this was true then why did she call me crying?"

I sucked my teeth. Why does she have to run to my mom over every little argument?

"Ok we haven't been good. It's like since Laniyah was born she's been all over me and overly emotional. It's just arguments after arguments."

She sighed.

"Quite frankly Leonard. From the day she found out Niyah was pregnant she hasn't been the same. I think you may have really deeply hurt her."

"But Laniyah is already here mama. What am I supposed to do? Like she's just doing selfish, reckless things. She started taking fertility vitamins without even telling me she was trying to get pregnant."

"Can you blame her? She's literally watching you and Niyah raise Laniyah. Now I'm not saying that she isn't wrong for that because she is. But obviously she's hurting Leonard and as always you seem to be dismissing her feelings."

I bit my lip as I sat Laniyah up to burp her.

"Not seems to mama, he is!"

Nina said as she came in and sat down with us. Here we go...

"That's all he does ma. He dismisses her feelings and then starts crying when she wants to leave."

She continued on.

"Shut up Nina."

"But it's true Leonard! There's no way you should have her crying every week."