Chapter: 7

*Nika*

I woke up to my phone ringing. I looked and it was an unknown number. I picked up.

"You have a collect call from Tarrant County Corrections Center would you like to accept charges?"

The operator spoke through the phone. I already knew who is was. I didn't answer, not knowing if I wanted to talk to him or not.

"Yes"

I said lowly and waited to hear his voice through the phone.

"Hey Shawty"

His voice rang through the phone. He sounded tired and stressed. It made my heart hurt.

"Mmmm, hi"

I said slowly as I sighed. I sat up a little and cleared my throat.

"What's crackin?"

He said slowly.

"Nothing, nothing at all"

My voice got quite towards the end.

"I miss you"

I chuckled. Tay always says bs like this when he's in need of something. He knows damn well he doesn't mean half the shit he says.

"No you don't. You just wanna get the hell outta there"

He sighed.

"I'm not lying Unika, I really do miss you"

"Oh sure"

I said not believing one word he said.

"Look I'm sorry about yesterday. I wanted to talk longer. I didn't know what to say."

"I came off the phone with you"

"I know but I wanted to talk. I just ain't know what about."

"Oh ok"

"Well, you gone bail a nigga out orrrrr?"

He asked me trailing off his "Or".

"This what you called me for?"

"No I-"

I cut him off.

"You only call when you want something. Before you was in jail you didn't call me. When you got locked up, the first person you called was Ken. So if you need to bailed out, go ask her. Bye!"

And with that I hung up. I'm not an to let this nigga feed bs into my mind just so he can get what he wants.

*Tay*

I sat in my cell with my head in my hands. I don't even know when I'm gonna get out. I heard foot steps and my cell open.

"Mr, McIntyre! You have a visitor"

I got up and he put the cuffs on me. We walked out to the front and he took them off. I saw Ken sitting there with a confused look on her face. I sat down and took the phone up. She did the same. The officer walked off.