Chapter Five:Jace Harris.

"Hey Mia!" A feminine voice calls out.

I'm sitting at my favorite under-tree spot and doing some research from the textbook I had borrowed from the library. I lift my head to see the owner of the familiar voice.

"Yes" I answer.

Bella Harper.

She's also a fellow student but she's not such a likable person.

"Where the hell have you been?" She asks.

"I've been here. Any problem?" I ask.

"Yeah, you got me walking around this campus for the past fifteen minutes."

She's exaggerating, the Bella I know would rather die than look for someone for fifteen minutes especially someone she hates.

Yeah, she hates me and I don't know why.

Come on, Mia. You know why she hates you.

Okay, I do know why she hates me.
Since freshman year, Bella had always seen me as a kind of rival or something. She's one of the top students in our department just like me and she thinks that we're in some kind of academic competition and I guess that I always win that competition, making her really angry.
I don't really have time for some competition, I just want to nail my exams and graduate but Bella doesn't get it.

"I know you didn't walk around the campus for up to ten minutes but whatever. Why were you looking for me? How can I help you?" I ask.

Bella laughs sarcastically and says "You? Help me? Ha! Don't flatter yourself into thinking that you can ever help me or I'll ever need your help."

"Fine, why are you looking for me?" I ask.

"Well, your sweet professor wants to see you......"

Hold on
Sweet professor?
Is she talking about Professor Harris right now?

Forgot to mention that Bella also hates the fact that I'm Professor Harris' favorite student. She's probably jealous.

"By "sweet professor" who are you talking about?" I ask knowing who she's referring to.

"Since you've just claimed that you don't know who I'm talking about I'll just tell you. Professor Harris has summoned you to his office. I wonder what you guys have been doing that he's now inviting you to a place as private as his office." Bella says.

Okay, this girl over here is really capable of starting a rumor that I am or maybe seeing Professor Harris but she won't do that 'cause she'll be expelled for starting a false rumor capable of ruining a Professor's career.

"Okay, Bella. Congrats on the end of your "fifteen minutes" walk. I'll get going now." I say standing up and walking away totally ignoring the last twenty-one words she said.

Professor Harris' office.........

"Come in"

I hear Professor Harris say after I knocked on his door.

What's the reason for this unexpected "summoning" to his office?
Oh, God, I hope I didn't mess up in a way I didn't know.
I really don't want to get on anyone's bad side now.

I thought as I enter the office.

"Good afternoon, Professor. I was told that you wanted to see." I say as my eyes wander straight to a brown haired young guy sitting on one of the chairs across from Professor Harris.

Who is this new looking guy?

"Yes, Miss Johnson. Please come and take a seat." Professor Harris says gesturing me to sit on the chair next to the guy.