Chapter Sixteen:"I didn't want that"

Jace's POV.......

"Idris! You here?" I call out as I lock the door behind me.

I just entered my apartment. I was at the hospital...as a patient.

There's no response. I'm guessing he isn't done attending to the "urgent" stuff Mia had told me about at the hospital. I woke up on the hospital bed to see Mia sitting on a stool at the foot of the bed. I was supposed to see Idris instead. I didn't know why Idris thought about calling Mia over to the hospital. I didn't want Mia there.

I didn't want her to see me that way, lying on a hospital bed, looking pale and all. I didn't want that.....I don't want that.

I reach for the nearest couch and sit. I throw my head backwards and let out a little sigh as I close my eyes in thoughts.

Few minutes later.......

I hear the front door open and close.
I think Idris is back.

"Hey, man. I didn't think you'd be discharged so soon. I went back to the hospital and I was told that you already left." Idris says on entering the living room.

He sits on the couch across from me.

"Yep" I say, lifting my head.

"How are you feeling?" Idris asks.

"Better. I'm still a little tired but I'll sort that out by going to bed earlier than usual. Where did you go and why did you call Mia to the hospital?" I ask.

"Uh....I had to attend to something urgent and I didn't wanna leave you all alone so I thought of calling her." Idris explains.

"Does this urgent something have anything to do with Sophie?" I ask.

"Yeah. She lost someone dear to her so I had to go....you know....make her feel better." Idris says.

"You shouldn't have called Mia. You should have left me. It's not like I can't look after myself." I say.

"How could I've left you in that condition? What if it had started again, who's gonna help you then?" Idris asks.

"I can help myself, Idris and just in case you didn't know, Mia has a part-time job which she was at before you called her." I say.

"Oh....I didn't know. But she came, didn't she?" Idris asks rhetorically.

"Idris...don't ever call Mia like that please.....I'm asking." I say.

"Why?" Idris asks.

"It doesn't matter why. Just please don't call her like that again." I say.

"Okay. So speaking of all these, what's your condition? Is it what I'm thinking?" Idris asks.

"If what you're thinking is what I think you're thinking then yes." I say.

"What.....but how? I thought...."

"I know. I had my suspicions though." I say.

"How is that even possible? I thought it was over. You overcame it like three years ago or something." Idris says.

"I guess I didn't totally overcome it." I say.

"What were you so bothered about that it came back? We both know how it happens so....what's actually going on?" Idris asks.

"I'm gonna tell you later. I don't think I'm really in the right state of mind to talk about it." I say.

"Okay dude. I totally understand. You should go to bed. Maybe we'll talk about it tomorrow when you feel stronger." Idris says.