Chapter Fifty-one: BTE (Best Trio Ever).

"Hey" I hear Michelle's voice call out from beside me.

Mr. Richards, my mom, Amber, Michelle, Jace and myself are currently at the beach.

The six of us had decided to hangout a little, take a stroll at the beach, eat some ice cream and try out other fun stuffs.

My mom had gone to catch up with some friends, Jace had gone with Mr. Richards to where I don't know. They've been getting along pretty well. They even spend quality time together. I'm very happy about it.

Amber had said that her brother was coming to the beach too with his friends so she went off to find him.

Michelle on the other hand also saw some people she knew from high school and had gone to deal with them.

I'm just sitting alone close to the beach, sucking through the straw attached to my coconut water while watching families and friends playing, splashing water at each other.

"Hey" I call back at Michelle.

Michelle sits beside me.

"What're you doing here? Shouldn't you be out there doing some romantic water splashing with Jace?" Michelle asks.

"I don't really feel like splashing water with anyone. Besides, Jace is with Mr. Richards." I say.

"Okay. I guess Mr. Richards has stolen your boyfriend from you." Michelle says.

"You could say that. Well, I'm just happy they're getting along." I say.

"Yeah. It's nice." Michelle says.

"How did your conversation with those girls from high school go?" I ask.

"Fair, I guess. Just some formal clique stuff.....you know....the hatred of leaving the clique for another and all. I handled it pretty well though so it's nothing." Michelle says.

"Okay."

"Thinking of it now, we haven't really had an alone conversation in a while, you and I." Michelle says.

"That's right." I say.

"I'm sorry I never bothered to spare some time for it. I was hardly there for you. I'm really sorry, Mia." Michelle says.

"It's okay. It's not like I really needed you to be there for me." I say.

"You don't have to need me to be there for you, I have to be there for you. It's the least I should do as a best friend." Michelle says.

"You did reach out to my boyfriend for me, didn't you? That's being there for me." I say.

"I only wanted to correct my mistake, Mia......"

"Michelle, that's still you being there for me. You did what I couldn't do. That's a lot." I say with a smile.

Michelle smiles back.

"Why did you forgive me? I didn't deserve it." Michelle says.

"It's okay to fight with your loved ones but it's never okay if you never make up with them..". My mom said something like this to me and I deeply thought about it. I like being your friend, Michelle. I must say, I can't imagine my life without you right now."

"You and I are so different. I'm a screwed up bitch and you're.....you're Mia."

"We may be different but we still share some similarities and you're not a screwed up bitch, you're Michelle Torres, the first best friend I had in high school. You were the first person to fill up the hole that was left in my heart after Olivia McCall left for Florida and that was exactly what I needed, to move on with my life and focus on the things I had to focus on. That was also a lot, Michelle." I say.