Chapter Seven: "Tougher than normal"

"What are you guys trying to do?" I ask.

Michelle is sitting on the couch with a pack of Cheetos and Amber is getting another pack from the refrigerator.

I just came back from where I went to get my laptop fixed.

It had a little problem that I thought I should fix quickly before it gets worse.

"Umm...getting ready for a movie night. Does it look like we're doing something else?" Michelle asks as she picks up the TV remote from the glass table.

"Mia, you should go to your room, do whatever you have to do and come and join us." Amber says.

"Guys, is this what we're supposed to be doing now?" I ask.

"What do you mean......it's Sunday and we have movie nights on Sundays. I don't think that's something you should forget." Michelle says.

"Or have you forgotten? Do you have a memory loss or something?" Amber asks.

"Yes, of course I have a memory loss. Can't you see I came into the wrong apartment and talking to the wrong girls." I say sarcastically.

Amber rolls her eyes at me and mutters "The sarcasm wasn't really necessary."

"Guys, we've a history test coming up and not just history but others and you really think it's a good idea to have a movie night." I say.

"We're aware of the upcoming tests but it's Sunday night and we'll do what we normally do on Sunday nights." Michelle says.

"Not when there's something really important coming. Have you guys forgotten that we don't have our movie night if there's a test or an exam around the corner?" I ask.

"Is that so? I didn't know that." Amber says.

"Sure you didn't." I say.

"Come on Mia, let's just watch a movie, don't we like have enough time to prepare for the test." Michelle says.

"It's tests with the 's'  and yeah, we have like three days to prepare for history test, three days!! Michelle" I say.

"Three days is more than enough to prepare for history test, it's history after all." Michelle says.

"And what about the others?" I ask rhetorically.

"Relax, Mia........I mean it's just tests, isn't it?" Michelle asks.

"Michelle, it doesn't matter if it's "just tests". What matters is that we study so not to fail." I say.

"And we'll study. Let's just chill out over a movie. An hour, some minutes and seconds without studying wouldn't hurt, would it?" Amber says.

"No, but it could." I say.

"Mia, go and get ready or we'll start the movie without you." Michelle says.

"You guys are not starting the movie without me neither are you guys gonna watch the movie, we're gonna study so get your asses up and let's go study." I say as I move closer to the couch where they are seated.

"Come on, girl. It's just an hour and some minutes then we'll have the rest of the time to study." Amber says.

"We all know that the next thing we do after a movie is sleeping, that's if we don't do so even before the movie ends and I'm not letting that happen today so get your asses off the couch and let's go study." I say.

Amber and Michelle didn't move an inch.

Okay, this won't do.

I decide to drop my laptop on the kitchen table so I can easily drag them off the couch.