Chapter Forty-two: Home Sweet Home.

Mia's POV.......

I feel an instant smile on my face as I look at the my home.....my real home. It's been just few minutes since I arrived here, in Boston.

Home sweet home.....

A part of me feels really happy to be home.

I walk towards the front door and press the door bell.

The door opens shortly after.

"Mia!!!!" My mom screams in excitement.

"Mom!!!!" I scream back in the same manner before bumping into my mom for a wonderful hug.

"Oh my sweetheart!! I've missed you so much." My mom says.

"Me too." I say.

We pull away from the hug.

"Come on, let's get inside." My mom says.

"Sure" I say.

We enter into the house.

"You've grown so much. It feels like I haven't seen you in ages." My mom says.

"I know, right?"

"How about your friends? Didn't they come with you or have they gone to their houses?" My mom asks.

Hearing that, my smile melts a little.

Y'all know why.

"Well....they're still there in LA. They'll be coming to Boston by weekend." I say.

"Oh....I see. I thought you guys would come together." Mom says.

"We were supposed to but they....."

I hear slightly heavy footsteps descending from the stairs, interrupting what I'm saying.

I look up and see a tall, light-skin brown, handsome young man. He looks like he may probably be few years older than my mom or the same age with my mom.

Who is he?

"Hello there. You must be Mia." The man says.

"Uh....Mia.....this is Colin Richards, Colin meet my one and only daughter, Mia." Mom introduces.

"Nice to finally meet you, Mia. Your mom tells me a lot about you." Mr. Richards says.

"She does?" I ask, still in confusion of who this man is.

"Yes. You're really as pretty as your mom." Mr. Richards says.

"Okay.....Colin. Mia, I can tell you're wondering who he is. Well....Colin is...uh....he is someone I'm seeing."

What?

"Mom, you have a boyfriend?" I ask wide-eyed.

"I...umm....yeah. You can call it that. I'm gonna explain everything else to you but first you need to go to your room, get rid of your luggage, have a nice shower and come back down for lunch. I made you your favorite meal like I promised, spinach chicken casserole." My mom says.

"Okay. Nice to meet you, Mr. Richards. I look forward to getting to know you as soon as I'm done carrying out the instructions my mom has just given me." I say playfully.

"Sure. I look forward to getting to know more about you." Mr. Richards says with a smile.

I return the smile.

"Now, go and do what you must. Lunch will be ready soon." My mom says.

"Okay, mom. I'll be going to my room now." I say.