Chapter Twenty-five:"How do you know...."

Mia's POV........

"Come in!" Amber says from inside her room, after I knocked on the door.

I just got back to my apartment. I didn't see Amber in the living room or kitchen so I decided to check her room.

I open the door and enter the room. I see her lying on her bed with her laptop open and a bowl of popcorn.

"Hey girl" Amber says.

"Hey" I say flatly as I move to sit on the bed.

I'm still thinking of what Jace said to me. I didn't see it coming.

"Why the long face? Didn't your discussion with Jace go well?" Amber asks, sitting up beside me.

"Amber..." I call out.

"Yeah?"

"How do you know that you're in love with someone?" I ask.

"Huh? Why this question all of a sudden?" Amber asks.

"Please just answer me." I say.

"Okay. How do I start.....okay.....well, for starters....sometimes it depends on the kinda relationship you've built with the person. If you guys are like close friends, at a time you may start wanting more." Amber says.

Wanting more.....

Those words....

"Wanting more?" I ask.

"Yep....I don't really know how to explain this so I'll explain it the way I understand it." Amber says.

"No problem." I say.

"When you start wanting more, you don't wanna stay just close friends with the person. You wanna do things that you can't do with the person when you're just friends. When you start feeling that way, it comes with other feelings." Amber says.

"What other feelings?" I ask.

"Thinking about the person all the time, worrying and caring about the person, wanting to be around the person most times, your heart beating so fast whenever you look at the person which could also cause you to freeze for sometime, just a little physical contact with the person could send a message to your entire body. You'd wanna do intimate stuffs with the person. Intimate stuffs like kissing, holding in a certain way, hooking up.....just all the stuffs couples do. Even with the person you don't have any friendship with....it starts with mere attraction. When you're attracted to the person, you'd wanna have something to do with the person, you'd wanna know more about the person and you'd also want the person to know more about you. You'd wanna be around the person all the time, you'd wanna always be there for the person. You wouldn't be able to take your eyes off the person sometimes and like I said earlier, you wouldn't stop thinking about the person and you'd always miss the person when they're not around. Your heart beats like crazy for the person and don't forget about the intimate stuffs I mentioned. Sometimes, all you'd crave for is to lean in and touch the person's lips with yours......well I think these are the few things I can say. Remember, these are the ones I believe on my own. There may be more and some of mine may be wrong." Amber says.

"Okay...." I utter.

"Before I forget, don't confuse love with lust. There's more to love than lust. When you're lusting after someone, you simply wanna be sexually involved with the person. You'd be attracted to the person but all you'd want from the person is sexual satisfaction. But when you're in love with the person, you don't crave only sexual satisfaction, you crave other things like some of the ones I mentioned." Amber says.

"Oh...." I uttered.

"What's this about?" Amber asks.

"It doesn't matter what it's about." I say.