Chapter Thirty-nine: Betrayal.

Mia's POV.......

Flashback.....

"......what kinda relationship do you have with Michelle Torres?"

"Michelle Torres? She's my best friend. How do you know her?"

I'm driving home while having a flashback on my conversation with Alexa.....the unbelievable one.

It's past 7pm now.

I had stayed back at the under-tree spot to clear my head about the unbelievable truth Alexa told me.

Flashback......

"Have you ever had a deeper relationship with her?"

"What do you mean "deeper"? Michelle is a best friend I also see as a sister. Why're you asking these questions?"

------

"....it was Michelle Torres who asked me to do what I did as a favor I owe her."

"Michelle? Favor? Sorry, I'm a bit confused."

"Michelle helped me with something in the past. I had promised to return the favor but then I lost contact. Like a month or  some weeks ago, I got a call from an unknown number and it happened to be her. She asked to meet up and I agreed. After asking me some questions concerning my relationship with Jace in the past, she said that it was time I returned a favor just like I promised and it was to ruin the relationship between my ex and a Mia Johnson. She said something like "if I can't have her, nobody will."

I pull over in front of my apartment.

I quickly step out of the Jeep and lock it.

Flashback.......

"....what's that supposed to mean?"

"I think there's something more to your relationship with Michelle Torres. You may not know that but I do."

"I already told you, Michelle is my best friend I see as a sister too."

"Are you sure it's like that for her?"

I open the door and enter into the apartment.

Getting to the living room, I don't see Michelle and Amber.

I start moving to my room.

Reaching my room, I notice the door is not so locked. I enter the room.

Inside the room......

I hear Amber and Michelle giggling from my balcony.

I walk to the balcony and see them playing Scrabble game.

"Hey girl." Amber says.

"Mia, you're back. Care to join us in scrabbling words?" Michelle asks.

Flashback......

".....I don't know if I can believe you now. Michelle would never do something like that....especially not to me."

"I don't blame your doubt. I'd also doubt if I found myself in such situation."

I turn and walk back into my bedroom.

"You don't look good, what happened?" Amber asks.

Just figured they came into the bedroom too. I turn to both of them.

"What did that asshole do? I'm gonna fucking kill him." Michelle says, looking a upset.

It now makes sense, what Michelle has been doing.....