Chapter Twenty-one: Cold and Meaner.

Mia's POV......

"I see you decided to come." I say to Jace who just took the seat across from me.

We're in the library for our session.

Jace just arrived.

"Yes, I did." Jace says.

"Let's begin. We both know that the semester's end is fast approaching. We've to cover more necessary things before the exam." I say.

"Yeah....uh.....did you get my text? I called you but you didn't pick up." Jace says.

Oh....right...

"I got your text and your calls." I say indifferently while opening the textbook in front of me.

"You never called or texted back." Jace says.

"Yeah" I say.

"Why?" Jace asks.

"Because it wasn't necessary." I say.

"Mia......"

I interrupt whatever Jace is about to say.

"Turn to the last topic we discussed the last time on your textbook." I say.

"Mia, please hear me out." Jace says.

"Jace, what I require for today's session is complete focus. Like I said, we need to cover more topics before the exams so turn to the page I asked you to. I won't permit any discussion that is not related to this session." I say coldly.

Jace utters no other word and opens up his textbook.

Three hours later........

"....that being said, I'm gonna end today's session here. Your assignment is to re-read what we did today and start the next topic." I say, closing my textbook.

I start packing my stuffs to leave the library.

"Okay...." Jace says, also packing his things.

I stand from the library seat and start heading out.

Outside the library.......

"Mia! Please wait!" I hear Jace's voice call out from behind me.

I guess he followed me out right away.

I stop walking and turn to Jace.

"What is it? Do you have a question?" I ask.

"Yes. Why're you acting this way?" Jace asks.

"What way?" I ask.

"You know what I'm talking about." Jace says.

"Do I? I don't think I do." I say.

You know exactly what he's talking about.

Shut up...

"Can we please talk about what happened last night?" Jace asks.

"Last night? Did anything happen last night?" I ask.

"Do you really wanna play pretend?" Jace asks.

"Jace, I'm pretty exhausted right now so I'll see you tomorrow or perhaps on Thursday." I say as I turn to walk away.

"I'm really sorry, Mia. I didn't mean what I said. I didn't know what came over me.....I'm so sorry." Jace says.

I pause a little and turn back to Jace.

I've no idea of what to say to him. I really don't wanna talk about what he's talking about.

"Okay then. Make sure you read the new topic thoroughly. I'm gonna start our next session with the questions from them." I say.