Chapter Twenty-three:"The tension...."

"Mia, you're back." Michelle says.

I just entered the apartment after the long discussion and walk with Jace.
I see Michelle and Amber sitting on the couch, eating the cake they got.

"Yep, I'm back." I say.

"What's up with you and Jace? Did you guys fight or something?" Amber asks.

"Yeah, he seemed so desperate to talk to you but it seemed like you didn't wanna talk to him." Michelle says.

"We did had a little fight but we're good now." I say as I join them in the living room.

"Okay, but I must ask, what're you and Jace exactly?" Michelle asks.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"The tension I felt between you two was something else. It was more like the tension between a couple than friends." Michelle says.

"Yesss....I thought I was the only one who felt it. The tension was...damnn!"  Amber says.

"Okay guys, I've told you a million times, Jace and I are simply good friends getting to know each other better and there's no such thing as tension." I say.

"Well....it's not like I didn't know what you were gonna say but despite your denial, I'm still gonna talk about that tension 'cause it was high...then with that hand grab....."

I interrupt Michelle.

"Okay, that's enough. There's nothing between me and Jace and like I already said, there's no such thing as tension." I said.

"Okay then. I'm really waiting for the day you'll finally come clean about your relationship with Jace." Michelle says.

I roll my eyes at Michelle.

"I'm gonna go take a quick shower and join you guys." I say while standing from the couch.

"Sure" Amber says.

"Of course, you should." Michelle says.

I start walking to my room.

This thing called life has taught me lots of things and one of them is that you can't judge a book by it's cover. Who knew Jace Harris would be passing through the stuffs he just told me about. Who knew what he's been struggling with.

Jace has always appeared so happy, cool, handsome.....

Forget I said handsome.

I don't think I've ever seen Jace in such a horrible state. One would think things are so perfect for Jace but he has so much going on in his life.

Of course, each and everyone in this world have their problems and one must deal with one's problems without showing the entire world. No life is problem free after all. I've also noticed that at every stage in life, there are problems or problem you face 'cause after solving each one, another one arises.

I remember the time that my dad's disappearance was my problem, then Olivia's parents dying and her leaving for Florida, then my father's unexpected death. Now, my problem...well.....is Jace's problem.

I'm so worried about him. I hope his mother gets better so he can get better. I can't imagine how hard it must've been for him all these years....I don't think anxiety disorder is something that's easy to manage especially in secret. I can't imagine how hard it must've been for his mother too and his father, even Quinn.

I now hate myself for pushing Jace so hard to tell me about his condition. If only I knew how much he's struggling.
I appreciate that he told me about it though. I hope I can open up to him, someday, the way he opened up to me.