Chapter Thirty-four: Exams and Summer.

"This brings an end to our sessions for this semester. Hurray!!" I say.

Jace and I are sitting in my workplace.

It's Monday.

Jace came to the restaurant for lunch.  There are no customers now so I thought to use the opportunity to conclude the exam revision with Jace.

"Does it mean we're never gonna sit down for any academic discussions?" Jace asks.

"I suppose that's what it means." I say.

"Aww.....why does it have to end?" Jace asks.

"Because it has always been bound to end. Shouldn't you be happy?" I ask.

"I can't be happy if one of the fun part of my life is a gonna end. It's gonna cut the amount of time I spend with you." Jace says.

"Oh...."

"Are you seriously not gonna continue revising with me till exams?" Jace asks.

"No, Jace. I've to give you space to read and understand on your own. It'll only help you to know if you're now capable of reading and understanding everything on your own.....just like before last semester." I say.

"Does it really have to be that way?" Jace asks.

"It has to be if not, how're you gonna know if you can trust yourself academically? It has to be that way." I say.

"Do you think I'm gonna nail it this semester?" Jace asks.

"Of course, you're gonna nail it. Are you scared?" I ask.

"I think I am." Jace says.

I let out a sigh, taking Jace's hands into mine.

"Babe, you're gonna do great. You've been so focused, you nailed your tests, it shows that you're really determined to not fail again. You'll nail the exams. The tests we took were tough, even for me but you still got B in all and given how tough they were, I don't think the exams will still be so tough meaning you could get A's this time. There's nothing to be afraid of, Jace.....you'll do great. I believe in you." I say.

"You're doing it again." Jace says.

"What am I doing?" I ask.

"What you always do with your words of encouragement." Jace says.

"Seducing" you mean..." I say.

"Exactly." Jace says.

"Pull yourself together." I say playfully.

"Sure thing." Jace says in the same manner.

"So....speaking of......we won't be hanging out or seeing each other till after the exams." I say.

"Wait....what? Why?" Jace asks.

"To avoid distraction." I say.

"But there's no distraction. We're never distracted when we're with each other." Jace says.

"Of course, there's no distraction. How can there be." I say sarcastically.

Jace scoffs.

"It's for the best, Jace." I say.

"For who exactly?" Jace asks.

"For both of us." I say.

"You think I'm okay with not seeing for just a day not to talk of days. That's just unfair." Jace says.

"We'll start hanging out again after the exams. It's a promise. I don't want us to be objects of distraction to each other and don't tell me there's no distraction again 'cause we both know there is." I say.